No announcement yet.

The 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obdeboondocks
    wheres worcester at? my cousins were just in the phillipines and the metal scene was crazy then too.
    Worcester is in central Massachusetts. It's a city of somewhere between 100 and 200,000.

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
      Worcester is in central Massachusetts. It's a city of somewhere between 100 and 200,000.
      how old are you jason?

Comment

Transformers, He-man, Mask.

Plus Roy of the Rovers Comic, and in the later 80's, my NES.

I didn't like music as a young child, but now I love some stuff from the 80s, like electro, cheesy hip hop like the Sugar Hill Gang, the Cure, The Jam, the Clash plus loads more.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
          how old are you jason?
          I am actually close to your age. I'm 33....

Comment

2 most memorable events of the 80's. One tragic, the other a momentous.

I will always remember where I was when both occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by magicjordan
              i love listening to new wave.i like breakdancing too!even now i listen to big 80's.i like the cure,depeche mode,duran duran,tears for fears,flock of seaguls,modern english,the cars,prince,michael jackson,wham,spandau ballet,guns n roses,bon jovi,petshop boys,omd,and more.........i love the 80's
              billy idol,gene love jezebel,inxs,the church,lotus eaters,icycle work,vitamin z,general public,the the,toto,police,culture club,gogo's, bangles,reo-speedwagon,level 42,psychodelic furs,rockwell,van halen,smith,silver puzolli,b-52,rem,big country and more..........

Comment

The Joshua Tree by U2 was life changing for me, guys in the UK were wearing pink or lemon Fred Perry sweaters and Farrah pants and Kicker shoes with Grolsch bottle tops tied in the laces!

Saturdays consisted of a TV show called number 73 which showed cartoons like He-Man and Transformers, Dickie Davis ran an UK sports show and the A Team was on at tea time before The Price is Right or Noels House Party or Only Fools and Horses depending on the channel!

I was going out with a girl called Alison who had crimped hair and wore long sweaters with a belt and 3/4 leggings with legwarmers and Adidas trainers.
                Friendship bands were in and so was too much make up!

Comment

There are those of us 80's people...

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA
                  What were your favorite TV shows, music, movies etc
                  who talk about the 80's and then there are those of us who go to Poison/Cinderella 6th row and rock our friggin heads off...what a show....took me back...hardcore...Unskinny Bop and Comin Home and Shelter and Every Rose Has Its Thorn...sang every word to every song while pounding down 7 and 7s with my best friend from high school...how bout any of yu...seen any good 80's Rock shows lately....Cinderella and Poison sound better today than ever and CC Deville sang his song..."I Hate Every Bone in Your Body but Mine" ..................................Rock on people

Comment

Originally posted by The Coagulator
                    who talk about the 80's and then there are those of us who go to Poison/Cinderella 6th row and rock our friggin heads off...what a show....took me back...hardcore...Unskinny Bop and Comin Home and Shelter and Every Rose Has Its Thorn...sang every word to every song while pounding down 7 and 7s with my best friend from high school...how bout any of yu...seen any good 80's Rock shows lately....Cinderella and Poison sound better today than ever and CC Deville sang his song..."I Hate Every Bone in Your Body but Mine" ..................................Rock on people
                    i saw way too many metal and hair bands in the 80s. lol!
                    motley crue, great white, skid row, poison, bon jovi, tesla, judas priest, list goes on and on. i wold drive 2 states away to see a good concert.
                    my friend got me a momogrammed flask for my journeys.
                    motley crue was my favorite hair band back then. i suffered many a stiff neck from dancing, not to mention the bruises from being pushed and shoved. i was also one of those crazies who camped out for tickets and got to the concert before anyone else. i usually got crushed in the crowd before the concert even started(people pushing against the door/gate to get in).

despite how good those concerts were they DID NOT COMPARE to the very first lolapalooza. that was just incredible. best concert/festival i have ever been to.

Comment

I um....um......

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
                      i saw way too many metal and hair bands in the 80s. lol!
                      motley crue, great white, skid row, poison, bon jovi, tesla, judas priest, list goes on and on. i wold drive 2 states away to see a good concert.
                      my friend got me a momogrammed flask for my journeys.
                      motley crue was my favorite hair band back then. i suffered many a stiff neck from dancing, not to mention the bruises from being pushed and shoved. i was also one of those crazies who camped out for tickets and got to the concert before anyone else. i usually got crushed in the crowd before the concert even started(people pushing against the door/gate to get in).

despite how good those concerts were they DID NOT COMPARE to the very first lolapalooza. that was just incredible. best concert/festival i have ever been to.
                      LOVE YOU MAN....

Comment

Working...
                      X