No announcement yet.

Top 5 Greatest Chins in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
    man did you see the upper cut he took from Lennox Lewis? that would have KO'd almost any heavyweight i guarantee that. he took several bombs in that fight actually and walked through them. he has never been knocked down in his career. i think it has been tested.
    You can't put him in there from just one fight tho I mean there's fighters where people have crap chins and take shots all night from just the will to win. Look at Lewis his chin wasn't great but he stood up to the bombs vitali landed also does that mean he has a great chin? No vitali's chin hasn't been tested once really in any recent fight where he was taking bombs and proved his chin..so idt that counts but your opioion is your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Poonpuppy View Post
      Marciano
      Chuvalo
      Lamotta
      Hagler

Greb

Don't know enough about Greb.
      Not sure about Marciano.

Comment

James Toney
        Marvin Hagler
        Evander Holyfield
        Cheato
        Shane Mosley

Comment

Marvin Hagler
          Jake LaMotta
          George Chuvalo
          Tex Cobb
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            Don't know enough about Greb.
            Not sure about Marciano.
            In over 250 fights Greb was only stopped twice. One time near the beginning of his career, he was TKO'd in round 2 after breaking the radius of his left arm.

"When the gong sounded ending the round, Greb's left arm fell limp at his side..His face, screwed up, bore testimony to the pain he was suffering." He had broken the radius of his left arm and fought a full round in that condition. The next day, Greb's arm was splinted and he was showing the X-ray of the break around. The radius was completely fractured, "and the jagged ends were overlapping."

The other time was his 7th fight against a man named Joe Chip, who at this point was a little too experienced for Greb. Joe Chip weighed in at 156 while Greb only 142.

"Greb has no excuses to offer, except that he met a better man and hereafter says he will not go out of his class and meet a man who weighed 156 pounds in the afternoon, while Greb only scaled 142."

As for Marcinao I agree, I don't think his chin deserves a top 5 mention he never fought many who hit that hard for a Heavyweight at the top level. He was also floored numerous times from people who didn't weigh a great deal more than him.

Comment

Greb
              Chuvalo
              Ali
              Hagler
              Cobb

Comment

Jake La Motta, Vitali Klitschko, Hagler, Hector Camacho Sr., Chavez Sr.

Comment

Working...
                X