Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Heavyweight fought the worst opposition post olympic medal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Heavyweight fought the worst opposition post olympic medal?

I'm talkin 4 years through their professional career which olympic heavyweight/super fought the worst, WORST opposition. I don't care how they fared against them, I'm just talkin who didn't fight like at least one top 25 heavyweight 4 years through their career after their olympic medal. Lotta names could go here but this poll more directed at comparisons for Wilder's totally absurd career. An I like the kid! I think he has good boxing ability and HORRRRRRIBLE management.
    Alexander Povetkin
    14.29%
    Luan Krasniqui
    0.00%
    Deontay Wilder
    85.71%
    Nate Jones
    0.00%
    Audley Harrison
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

wilder hasn't fought anyone with a pulse yet so I'll pick him.

krasniqis' opposition wasn't that hot ether

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
      wilder hasn't fought anyone with a pulse yet so I'll pick him.

krasniqis' opposition wasn't that hot ether
      I know Krasniqi but when Krasniqi became professional a lot of people were riding his coat tails. Loved his fight with Brewster.

Comment

Wilder. Its hilarious. Why are they treating a medalist like he's Tye Fields?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Wilder. Its hilarious. Why are they treating a medalist like he's Tye Fields?
          Do you lack vision? Obvious answer is obvious, anyone with eyes and some boxing knowledge should realize watching either him in the amateurs or his first pro fights this guy is years away if his team wanted him to have any hope of having a successful run.

If you didn't realize he was at least 5 years away from anything remotely meaningful, that shows poor boxing eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Do you lack vision? Obvious answer is obvious, anyone with eyes and some boxing knowledge should realize watching either him in the amateurs or his first pro fights this guy is years away if his team wanted him to have any hope of having a successful run.

If you didn't realize he was at least 5 years away from anything remotely meaningful, that shows poor boxing eyes.
            I mean fighting Friday Ahuyana would it be that dangerous? Or fighting Robert Hawkins? Fighting Samuel Peter for gods sake?! I don't think any of those guys could beat him let alone reach him!

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
              I mean fighting Friday Ahuyana would it be that dangerous? Or fighting Robert Hawkins? Fighting Samuel Peter for gods sake?! I don't think any of those guys could beat him let alone reach him!
              Until very recently yes, he needed to be slow rolled to have any chance of making something of his career moving him faster would have forced him to just rely on his power which might have got him fairly far considering his range but at the end of the day he would end up as nothing without rounding out his game. The fights weren't even important it was the work in the gym honing his craft that he needed most, he seems to have done good work because I have seen quality improvement and when discussing a prospect is improvement not the most important thing.

Now he could reasonably step it up, it was maybe 2 fights ago that I really thought he actually started looking like a pro fighter and I like him as a prospect. Dude is a physical specimen but coming into the game he was one of the most raw guys I have ever seen, it is still amazing to me that he won a medal at all
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                X