No announcement yet.

Bradley has no chance in beating Khan when we look at the stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Khan held all these advantages against Maidana, except for the power department of course, and we all saw how competitive Maidana made it despite not even trying to win rounds, only looking for the knock out. This is a stupid thread man, so Bradley doesn't stand a chance because Khan's not only bigger but faster? How long have you been watching boxing?
    Actually the more I see it, the more I see Bradley not having an answer for Khan.

I had it at 50/50, but Bradley does not have a fight changing power that gives Khan trouble.

That was what changed it for Maidana, who isn't actually that slow. Maidana's issue is getting in range.

As for Bradley, he does have fast feet, and is quite fluid, but he can be timed. He often comes in head first and tries for that right hand, kinda Hopkin;s style. I know for a fact that Khan has the speed to jab Bradley to pieces. Bradley likes to coem forward, and that will be his downfall.

Khan is much bigger, and size does count, as well as speed.

Khan will time him rushing in with some hooks he developed, Manny style. I have seen Roach training Khan that hook and turning away. Also I have noticed that Khan will hold if you duck under him, and that is what Bradley does, he gets low and close. There will be little inside fighting.

The main thing for Bradley's problem is that Khan with Reyes glvoes clearly hurts. He didn;t land that much VS Judah who more or elss didn;t want it. Bradley is not that type of guy. If Holt can hurt Bradley, then I am going to expect Khan with Reyes glvoes, not the Reebok ones, to do soem damage. Heck Khan with Everlast vs maidana was popping too, while Khan vs mcclowskey with Reebok seemed bouncey.

Also note that those glvoes Khan had were 9.5 ounces weighed for Maidana, so who knows if he had 9.5 gloves all this time too.
    Last edited by iPhoneKiller; 07-26-2011, 06:41 AM.

Comment

I make this a 60/40 fight in favour of Khan.

Bradley will be very competitive throughout however.

Comment

Khan's physically more talented, but Bradley is a far better boxer. He has enough power to stop Khan in his tracks if Khan gets reckless, and he has underrated defense.

Khan doesn't like being forced around the ring, and Bradley would do just that.

Also, did you say shorter fighters have to win by knockout? Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Khan's physically more talented, but Bradley is a far better boxer. He has enough power to stop Khan in his tracks if Khan gets reckless, and he has underrated defense.

Khan doesn't like being forced around the ring, and Bradley would do just that.

Also, did you say shorter fighters have to win by knockout? Since when?
          With the boxing style of Tim Bradley you need power to beat a guy who is faster and 4 inches taller than you

Comment

People who have sparred both apparently favour khan, I favour khan, the physical advantages might be a little too much now, a year ago I would had it 50/50 or slightly in Bradleys direction but not now. Khan has matured quite a bit physically and improved all aspects of his game 5-10%. I think he will pick up points when the fight is at a distance and pick bradley off coming in. Bradley will win rounds by pressure and getting inside, but there will not be enough of it, ud Khan in a fun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Expert View Post
              With the boxing style of Tim Bradley you need power to beat a guy who is faster and 4 inches taller than you
              Bradley is still the more versatile fighter, I see Bradley getting low under Khan's punches and working the body. He has the foot speed/ defense to get in and work the body. Don't know how much power you think Bradley has but I'd certainly say he has enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                Bradley is still the more versatile fighter, I see Bradley getting low under Khan's punches and working the body. He has the foot speed/ defense to get in and work the body. Don't know how much power you think Bradley has but I'd certainly say he has enough.
                I think Bradley has the power of someone who has the ko ratio of 39 %, the power of someone who hasnt KO'd anybody in 4 years.

Bradley can get low under Khans pucnhes as much as he wants , he wont get close to Khan. Khan has too good footwork for that.

Like I said Bradley has no chance and he knows that.

If he tought he could beat Khan he would have fought him and then go after Pac.

Comment

i believe Bradley would beat Khan as of now, But kudos to Khan for actually wanting that fight because we all know he would be fighting Mayweather soon and a lose to Bradley would jeopadise that...But he was still willing to step up and do that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    i believe Bradley would beat Khan as of now, But kudos to Khan for actually wanting that fight because we all know he would be fighting Mayweather soon and a lose to Bradley would jeopadise that...But he was still willing to step up and do that fight.
                    How do you exactly see Bradley beating Khan?

UD? KO? TKO?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Expert View Post
                      I think Bradley has the power of someone who has the ko ratio of 39 %, the power of someone who hasnt KO'd anybody in 4 years.

Bradley can get low under Khans pucnhes as much as he wants , he wont get close to Khan. Khan has too good footwork for that.

Like I said Bradley has no chance and he knows that.

If he tought he could beat Khan he would have fought him and then go after Pac.
                      Look at Kendal Holt's KO ratio, and the dude can seriously crack. See what your problem is? It's that you solely look at stats, I understand that height, speed IS something to look at, but how about other attributes, like counter punching, defense, infighting, body punching etc, what about all that other stuff?

I'm not even gonna respond to the bold.

Comment

Working...
                      X