Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler II: 8,000 Tickets Sold, Sellout is Expected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler II: 8,000 Tickets Sold, Sellout is Expected

The rematch between Mikkel Kessler and Carl Froch is still nearly four months away from fight night on May 25, but the event’s promoters have already hit the campaign trail.

A sold out O2 Arena in London is anticipated for the super middleweight clash, though the event is not without its share of sporting competition. Less than an hour away, Wembley Stadium will play host to the 2013 UEFA Champions League football finals match.

This fact has been repeatedly pointed out to promoter Eddie Hearn, who insists that no conflict exists, that the football event will actually help increase at-home viewership for the UK pay-per-view.

[Click Here To Read More]

Surprised if anyone thought this wouldn't be a sellout

Comment

great fight = sell out

Comment

I think they made a mistake in thinking Champions League final won't effect the live gate.

Champions League is watched around the world by more people than any other sporting event outside of the World Cup and Olympics Opening.

England is the most football(soccer) mad in a Continent that is football mad...

As great a fight as Froch=Kessler II is.. to think Champions League won't effect live gate among the casuals is ignorant.

That's like hosting an American boxing event right next to the Super Bowl on Super Bowl Sunday and saying 'ya it will have no effect'

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          I think they made a mistake in thinking Champions League final won't effect the live gate.

Champions League is watched around the world by more people than any other sporting event outside of the World Cup and Olympics Opening.

England is the most football(soccer) mad in a Continent that is football mad...

As great a fight as Froch=Kessler II is.. to think Champions League won't effect live gate among the casuals is ignorant.

That's like hosting an American boxing event right next to the Super Bowl on Super Bowl Sunday and saying 'ya it will have no effect'
          its sold out already apparently.

They'll probably end up showing the CL final on a screen at the venue, and the Froch fight wont be on until about 2 hours after its over

Comment

[QUOTE=gingeralbino;12993652]its sold out already apparently.

They'll probably end up showing the CL final on a screen at the venue, and the Froch fight wont be on until about 2 hours after its over[/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds like a great plan.. than.. I mis read and thought it was taking place at the SAME TIME . lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Skittlez;12993656]
              Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              its sold out already apparently.

They'll probably end up showing the CL final on a screen at the venue, and the Froch fight wont be on until about 2 hours after its over[/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds like a great plan.. than.. I mis read and thought it was taking place at the SAME TIME . lol
              either some of the undercard (not not the main event and chief support fight which will be on after) will be on at the same time, or they'll have some of the fights on earlier and take a break from boxing for an hour and a half, or they'll have the final on in the background of some undercard fights. im guessing they'll show the final, but i dont even know if the venue has a big screen iv never been in it

Comment

Just looked at the website and out of 9 seating areas, 7 are sold out. Maybe other sites have it different but it looks like the tickets are selling quickly.

Was considering going but the cheapest tickets left are £90 and not a great position, looks like it's a stream for me.

Comment

its 18000 btw and yeah its practically sold out

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The £150-200 sold out within around about 20 min, when i was buying mine today.

Comment

Working...
                    X