No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glazkov: No Additional Pressure, I’m Ready to Shine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glazkov: No Additional Pressure, I’m Ready to Shine

Vyacheslav Glazkov (12-0, 9 KOs), a 6’3’’ heavyweight from Ukraine, has something to prove. He is 27-years-old and fighting in paid ranks for well over three years. A win over slow and slowly aging Russian Denis Bakhtov (33-5) is the only victory of note for him. For someone that’s not a bad achievement but for Beijing Olympics super heavyweight bronze medalist and an amateur standout this isn’t enough. His second true test will come this Saturday, when Glazkov fights a well-known German gatekeeper Konstantin Airich (23-6-2, 17 KOs) in a fight for a vacant WBC Baltic Silver heavyweight crown. Glazkov spoke about this fight in his interview with Allboxing.ru.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bakhtov and Oloukun who Glazkov already beat are both slightly better wins but Airich is a little more dangerous since he has A+ power. David Price who also turned pro after the 2008 Olympics hasn't fought opposition as good. Not bad for his 13th pro fight but i would like to see him take that next step after this and try fighting some HW's in the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Bakhtov and Oloukun who Glazkov already beat are both slightly better wins but Airich is a little more dangerous since he has A+ power. David Price who also turned pro after the 2008 Olympics hasn't fought opposition as good. Not bad for his 13th pro fight but i would like to see him take that next step after this and try fighting some HW's in the top 25.
      i don't know what you consider A+ power(he knocked out limited opposition) but i have seen a few of airich's fights. he is a journeyman at best along the lines of bahktov, firtha, gavern, etc. he didn't look to good against solis & tye fields knocked him out with a body shot in the first round. i've never seen glazkov fight but i look forward to seeing him.

Comment

Glazkov seems like he's taking forever to come along, been waiting for this guy for what seems an eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          i don't know what you consider A+ power(he knocked out limited opposition) but i have seen a few of airich's fights. he is a journeyman at best along the lines of bahktov, firtha, gavern, etc. he didn't look to good against solis & tye fields knocked him out with a body shot in the first round. i've never seen glazkov fight but i look forward to seeing him.
          Bakhtov is a world level gatekeeper who went the distance against JCG when he was good, Ustinov, Wawrzyk and with good power that ended the hopes of prospect Kretschmann by stopping him twice.

As i said Airich is slightly below as a world level journeyman or perhaps a fringe gatekeeper but a dangerous one. The A+ power comment is because Danny Williams said Airich was the hardest puncher he ever faced which includes Tyson, Vitali, Platov. Two fights ago he upset and stopped decent prospect Ondrej Pala.

Mago Abdusalamov is fighting Mccline on the undercard too which is a good test, his best opponent to date and interesting since Mccline just fought another top HW prospect Artur Szpilka. Mago, Glazkov and Szpilka are three of the best prospects.

Glazkov's last fight vs Oloukun who is a good opponent for his 12th fight.

Szpilka vs Basile

Szpilka vs Mccline

Comment

Williams is obviously in such a poor state, a slap from a feather would wobble him. I wouldn't take much notice of that comment.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Williams is obviously in such a poor state, a slap from a feather would wobble him. I wouldn't take much notice of that comment.
                This is back in 2008 from when they fought. He's the one in the ring with them so i'll take his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  This is back in 2008 from when they fought. He's the one in the ring with them so i'll take his word.
                  Williams has been in a bad state since that time. Not here to argue the point but with his KO ratio and resume, doesn't look like he's got A+ power.

Comment

i got the williams fight in my danny williams collection but he has never had that great of punch resistance. my opinion of A+ power is old mike tyson, maskaev, rahman, lewis, corrie sanders, wladimir klitschko, george foreman. these heavyweights had legit A+ power & knocked out A & B level guys with one punch. airich has not come remotely close to one punching a contender. i still get mad because the mccline\szpilka fight i can get sound for but no picture. just a big music note on a blue screen. tried several different downloads & came up with the same issue. don't understand polish so i can't even listen to the fight. i want to see a few glazkov fights...

Comment

Working...
                    X