Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta give props to Rios first and foremost. With that being said, IMHO I believe Alvarado could have easily outboxed Rios and coasted to a fairly easy UD if he would have chosen to do so. Obviously that wouldn't be near as fun for us, but I believe the guy that's gonna beat Rios is a guy who doesn't try to go punch for punch with him. When Alvarado used his jab (an amazing 50+ per round) Brandon didn't punch, and when Alvarado would stick and move he was in zero danger.

I would love to see a rematch with these two and see how different the outcome could be if Alvardo decided to box Rios. Hell, I wanna see a rematch even if Alvarado decided to go mano y mano again. These guys MUST rematch!!!!! Hell of a fight, and that's what brings the love of the game back to the fans.

Comment

no need for a rematch though, they would just ruin each other.. move on.. Alvarado's 32, he should move up to welterweight and make one more run, call it a career.. I would..

Comment

If you don't walk the ring against Rios you are done. Rios has the best chin in boxing. Alvarado should had outboxed him, like Abril did,

Comment

Rios still sucks dick

Comment

Originally posted by BabyFaceAssasin View Post
            Crazy! Everything we thought it would be! I think the stoppage was good Mike was out on his feet...one more shot could've been permanently damaging...
            I don't think he was out on his feet. He looked at the ref because he thought he was going to get a standing 8 since he fell into the ropes, the once he realized he wasn't he put his hands back up.

He was definitely hurt, but he should have been given a few more seconds. His neck was not limp, he was still trying to block.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Nah have to give Rios his props!! ........ he's like the ultimate slugger, i just knew alvarado would buckle first, the stoppage wasn't bad but i didn't like it...... cudda given him a count.
              Yep , if Alvarado had some power its all over early , you cant catch that many from somebody with power like Rios does , Mike was Teeing off and not putting a mark on him while Rios was busting him up , entertaining but B graders .

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                If you don't walk the ring against Rios you are done. Rios has the best chin in boxing. Alvarado should had outboxed, like Abril did,
                Alvarado's downfall was the round he through 160 something punches. He never regained his stamina after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Funny how a couple months/weeks ago people were hating on Rios nonstop. Now they're calling him a monster in a good way.

Actually since the Acosta fight.He lost to Abril no biggie,he can get a rematch.I enjoy watching Rios even though he's limited for the time.Guys of his style don't last to long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                    I gotta give props to Rios first and foremost. With that being said, IMHO I believe Alvarado could have easily outboxed Rios and coasted to a fairly easy UD if he would have chosen to do so. Obviously that wouldn't be near as fun for us, but I believe the guy that's gonna beat Rios is a guy who doesn't try to go punch for punch with him. When Alvarado used his jab (an amazing 50+ per round) Brandon didn't punch, and when Alvarado would stick and move he was in zero danger.

I would love to see a rematch with these two and see how different the outcome could be if Alvardo decided to box Rios. Hell, I wanna see a rematch even if Alvarado decided to go mano y mano again. These guys MUST rematch!!!!! Hell of a fight, and that's what brings the love of the game back to the fans.
                    Two judges had it a draw and one had Rios two rounds up.. If Alvarado would have backed off he would of lost, he had already committed to a slug fest, which he admitted to after the fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Rios still sucks dick
                      if Rios was black you'd be sucking his.

Comment

Working...
                      X