No announcement yet.

Roach: "Mayweather NEVER left the gym, he trained the entire time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
    he retired to use steroids,hgh,peds or whatever the **** they call it then came back when that **** can't be trace anymore.

floyd's a smART ass *****
    Real talk man, you know wassup. Floyd mentioning steroids and all these other crap is similar to someone saying who farted?. Hmm.. let me guess who did it.

Comment

His retirement was to make the price go up? For who? For him to face Pacquiao? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Pac was a nobody when Mayweather retired. It wasn't til he beat Oscar that he became an opponent to consider on Floyd's level. And that was a full year after Mayweather beat Hatton and retired. Who even really thought Pacquiao would be fighting at welter back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
        "Mayweather is a great fighter and the retirement was just to make his price go up. He's just playing games. He never left the gym - he trained the whole time. He's not going to retire for a long time." ---Freddie Roach

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...735272,00.html
        lol freddie's full of bull**** sometimes. floyds retirement was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by silkyjohnson View Post
          His retirement was to make the price go up? For who? For him to face Pacquiao? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Pac was a nobody when Mayweather retired. It wasn't til he beat Oscar that he became an opponent to consider on Floyd's level. And that was a full year after Mayweather beat Hatton and retired. Who even really thought Pacquiao would be fighting at welter back then?
          Apparently knew Marg would beat Cotto..then Shane would beat Marg meanwhile Pac is moving through the ranks and Floyd knew hed bet at WW.

I just e-mailed Floyd and asked for tomorrows Lottery Numbers.

Comment

pac was a nobody? pac was right behind him for years on the p4p list before retiring. dont hate, appreciate.

Comment

[QUOTE=QUELOQUE;6828885] It was a joke.

It was obvious to me by just looking at his arms, he had at least been lifting weight when he was off. I didn't know he stayed sparring and boxing training, but it's believable since he didn't lose his overall speed and wasn't rusty at all.[/QUOTE]

disagree completely....there were times in the JMM fight he had trouble getting off punches....how often you ever see Floyd throw and retract.....essentially false start...........NEVER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
                I agree....

and I think he retired because there was NO Big MONEY fights out there a that time....

no matter what people want to say...A Mayweather-Cotto fight at that time would not have been a big fight.

Mayweather wants to break the PPV records and knocking off the other PPV guys.....

I could be wrong
                Cotto wasnt a big money fight because he had just lost to Margarito, but there were plenty of other fights to be made. He was planning to rematch DLH when he announced his retirement. Do you honestly believe that wasnt a big money fight? He also could have fought Mararito or rematched Hatton. There is always another challenge out there, just a matter of whether or not you accept it. Then again, the fact that Mayweather, in your words, "wants to break PPV records and knocking off the other PPV guys", says something about his character, or lack thereof. It is mostly about the money and protecting his 0 to him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1toTHADOME View Post
                  pac was a nobody? pac was right behind him for years on the p4p list before retiring. dont hate, appreciate.
                  I know the history of Pac.. I meant to say a nobody in terms of earning power and popularity compared to Floyd at the time he retired. I mean, he barely broke 400,000 buys against Marquez the 2nd time around, and those were his best #s until Oscar.

Comment

I know the history of Pac.. I meant to say a nobody in terms of earning power and popularity compared to Floyd at the time he retired. I mean, he barely broke 400,000 buys against Marquez the 2nd time around, and those were his best #s until Oscar.
                    silky, love the hate but your boxing ignorance is reaaaally showing right now.

Comment

Also those 2 years he had supposedly off, he wanted to comeback at the same level, and have people say Wow he had 2 years off and he is still the same.
                      But PBF knows that he was training harder than anyone, its just that he didnt fight, so he is trying to con people how good he is. When he isnt retired he nearly takes 2 years to arrange a fight anyway so its not different from when he is retired.
                      How long ago was it when he fought JMM now? I rest my case.

Comment

Working...
                      X