Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas Ready: I Feel That I Can Beat Ruslan Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vargas Ready: I Feel That I Can Beat Ruslan Provodnikov

On October 11th junior welterweight prospect Jessie Vargas improve to 23-0 when he defeated Ray Narh via unanimous decision at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nev. In a recent conversation with BoxingScene.com, Vargas said that he is looking to move back to the junior welterweight divsion where he began his career.

The 24-year-old Vargas said that he was impressed with Ruslan Provodnikov's performance this past Saturday night when the Russian stopped Mike Alvarado in Denver, Colo. in an HBO televised fight. He feels that only would a fight between him and Provodnikov be exciting, but that he would leave the ring victorious.
    [Click Here To Read More]

dude would get iced...I've only seen a bit of J. Vargas, but from what I've seen... Prov is too much for him

Comment

Tough to see that, Vargas has some skills and talent but he would have to put it all together to really have a chance and I haven't seen anything like that from him that would suggest he could outbox Provodnikov without getting drawn into a fight that favors Provodnikov.

Although if he makes it ugly and clinches on the inside where Provodnikov has the big advantage he could make it a lot closer than most people will think, I think he is much too young and inexperienced to approach the fight in a cold calculating manner like that

Comment

Probably Can.

Dude aint no Mike, Mike runs in a lil hop and doesnt throw, when mike throws he stops.

Vargas can box, and herrera beat Ruslan with ease.

Comment

That's a good opponent for Ruslan after facing back to back punchers. I don't think Vargas is a tuneup, but he doesn't hit hard.
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-24-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

from what i've seen from Ruslan and Vargas. I'd favor Ruslan by TKO in the mid rounds

Comment

Provodnikov is beatable but definitely not by Vargas

Comment

This kid has nothing to offer anyone honestly. He hasn't done anything or beat anyone. Vargas needs to fight a pulse then later on get a bigger fight but that ain't happening anytime soon.

Comment

Vargas can't hang with Ruslan. Josesito should have gotten the decision over him FFS.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind this fight as a first title defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X