Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amateur Chief wants to run PRO boxing with the APB!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Chief wants to run PRO boxing with the APB!

They have now fighters like Usyk, Lomachenko, Sapiyev (Val Barker winner this time), Russo, Valentino, Medzhidov, Pulev, etc.

You could see the ABP as some sort of UFC, but with the chance to get to the Olympics and represent your country, and a yearly salary from the ABP and from their National Boxing Federations and some bonus instead of being paid per fight like the UFC does.

They have signed lots of fighters countries from countries like Azerbaijan, Kazaks, Italians, all of the Ukraine medallists, etc, etc.

And they are trying to convince the Cuban Boxing Federation and the Goverment of Cuba, to let their fighters fight at the ABP, and till now, they haven't received a "no". Let's remember they had Chinese fighters at the World Series of Boxing.

good article about that

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/O...#axzz23D8ZEinZ

And in this article you can understand the mindset of the fighters that have now sign with the ABP.

Italian superstars take APB to another level

Charismatic Lightweight (60kg) Domenico Valentino and Heavyweight (91kg) Clemente Russo have today signed five year contracts with AIBA Professional Boxing (APB), further underlining the popularity of the new programme amongst the world's top boxers.

Valentino said: "I was never convinced to turn pro until I was offered this opportunity by APB. I feel safer staying under the same governance and within my National Federation. I know how many fights I will have per year and how much I will get from them. There is no uncertainty, all is guaranteed. I can't wait for APB to start."

Clemente Russo-
    "Turning pro in boxing is never easy to decide, especially when you have had a successful Olympic boxing career", declared Russo. "I am thrilled with the career I have had so far, I know what pro-style boxing is about thanks to two seasons in World Series of Boxing, and I now feel ready and happy to join APB, knowing that I will never be left aside."

http://aiba.org/en-US/news/ozqsp/newsId/4937/news.aspx

And many of the fighters that fought at World Series of Boxing, like Terrel Gausha, Nevin, Russo and many others have now Pro Records thanks to the WSB and Fightfax the "The record keeping standard for boxing" that Promotional Companies use.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-le...oxing-fighters
    Last edited by ksan; 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM.

this is bad. So all these guys signed 3 to 5 year contracts?

Comment

Not a good look at all

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        this is bad. So all these guys signed 3 to 5 year contracts?
        Russo signed a 5 year contract, I believe many of them will have 3 to 5 years contracts, because they will be waiting to fight at the Olympics of Rio.

The good thing about this, is watching fighters from China and maybe Cuba there.

And from Countries that don't have a strong culture of Pro Boxing, but have a very powerful amateur scene.

And they could also market it in Japan and Korea with their respective medallists.

Just imagine the crowd the Japanese Middleweight Gold Medallist could attract there.

Last edited by ksan; 08-12-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

"Our interest is to protect the interest of the boxers. We will offer them three year contracts and purse money so they can live and also the possibility of another Olympic Games.

"If you look at the professional side of the sport, those that sign for professional promoters, how many of them succeed? Most of them fail then they get dropped and haven't got the option of returning to the amateur ranks so their boxing career is over.

"What a waste, what a pity."

Wu Ching-Kuo

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/O...#axzz23D8ZEinZ

Comment

Like I said in the lomechenko thread, blame these fighters who are scared to turn pro. If this is the route they choose to go then they simply don't think they have wat it takes to be a real pro.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Like I said in the lomechenko thread, blame these fighters who are scared to turn pro. If this is the route they choose to go then they simply don't think they have wat it takes to be a real pro.
              That's what it comes down to.

Comment

it Might work if Cuban fighters get involved

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post

And they could also market it in Japan and Korea with their respective medallists.

Just imagine the crowd the Japanese Middleweight Gold Medallist could attract there.
                  boxing is already really big in Japan. I understand about some other countries though.

Comment

Pro boxing as it stands is such a bs joke with its structure I can't blame these guys for joining this AIBA pro boxing league. I wish it success. Can't be any worse then the current pro boxing system.

Comment

Working...
                    X