No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Martirosyan Could Land in Krasnodar, Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Martirosyan Could Land in Krasnodar, Russia

Oppositely to previously reported news, WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (18-0, 14 KOs) could end up fighting his mandatory and fellow compatriot Gennady Martirosyan (22-2, 11 KOs) - not in the States or in Moscow - but in the southern Russian city of Krasnodar. Pirog, the only active Russian pro champion, met local governor Alexander Tkachev earlier today as part of the international Children’s Day.

[Click Here To Read More]

that's a solid fight.

too bad it can't be co-featured on HBO or Showtime and in the states. Fighting in Russia is cool and all, but people need to see more Pirog so he can get bigger fights.

Comment

Pirog by devastating KO.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        that's a solid fight.

too bad it can't be co-featured on HBO or Showtime and in the states. Fighting in Russia is cool and all, but people need to see more Pirog so he can get bigger fights.
        Look at the production value of the RJJ-Lebedev fight. The people on the forum here were saying they cant understand the language but the atmosphere/production value was above Showtime and equal to HBO in terms of Camera work and Production value.

Pirog and others make alot more money in Europe than fighting on a undercard in USA.

Russia has some great hidden gems like Pirog and Golovkin who need to dump their promoters and come over here for maximum exposure/money.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Look at the production value of the RJJ-Lebedev fight. The people on the forum here were saying they cant understand the language but the atmosphere/production value was above Showtime and equal to HBO in terms of Camera work and Production value.

Pirog and others make alot more money in Europe than fighting on a undercard in USA.

Russia has some great hidden gems like Pirog and Golovkin who need to dump their promoters and come over here for maximum exposure/money.
          I don't disagree with any of that but if Pirog wants the big names (Martinez) he wont get it by fighting even lesser known guys in Russia. That's all I'm saying.

I still think it's a shame HBO didn't jump on the opportunity to have him back immediately after the Jacobs KO.

Now I do understand this is a mandatory fight so maybe his options are pretty limited.

Comment

Finally some news of my favourite fighter. Also wished to see him fighting on ESPN Friday Night Fights. At least he is staying busy and after this mandatory he hopefully fights in the States in autumn this year. He needs to have more exposure in America. Want to see ihm fight a worthy opponent, maybe even a unification against Chavez jr./ Zbik or Golovkin.
            Last edited by sweet-s; 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X