Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katana > greathanded two-sword

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
      Yes but 6'3 in todays world is nothing really. Men could very easily handle swords of the day and suits of armor. Henry the VIII was fat because of a lavish lifestyle.

the katana was by far superior made. Spanish had the best steel but the design of the katana is something that cannot be duplicated. it could be used with one or two hands as effectively, was lighter, stronger and the blade was sharper than anything Europe could produce because of the way it was forged. The damn blade was folded thousands of times....lol

don't get me wrong there are some great and legendary european swords but the katana's weight, craftsmanship and cutting ability I think was superior.

I have to agree with you on this. I for one is a student of ancient history (well... not that student student.... but someone who gobbles up anything historically related)....particularly medieval Europe, Imperial China, Norse/Viking, and Feudal Japan. It is in my opinion also that the Katana is the best single sword handling weapon of its class. medieval Europe (minus the overhyped Hollywood take) rely heavily on large siege capable weapons such as the Long-sword, broadsword and the Mace.... thus the advent of armor. In ancient China and Feudal Japan, armor is still part of the arsenal, however it is downplayed by the effectiveness of the offensive weapons such as the 8-fold katana (really) and the flexible swords the Chinese swordmasters use that can litteraly slice unhindered even thru armor. (I dont want to go technical with the names here). With that, sword-skill became advent with the samurais. There is truth in those kung-fu movies... they aint just fancy tricks.

I love this....compared to the Heavy Long Sword made by the same company...the katana cuts thru like butter on the same items with almost half the effort you use to swing that giant knife.

Comment

lol @ how the great sword bent back into place after the asian guy did pull up with it.

Comment

I love how coldsteel always go overboard in the test cuttings. They do make good knives though

Comment

Actually, the men of today could very easily handle full plate of armor and weild a double handed sword like that because they are about twice the size of men in those days. Also, the Japanese Katana > than any sword made in Europe.
            That's a pretty big statement. Kinda depends on your fighting style and preference. Many consider the roman gladius the ultimate sword. Also you can't deny the absolute speed of the rapier or the biggest dude in the bunch swinging a claymore sword.

I do prefer the Katana myself though but very much acknowledge the other swords aswell.

Comment

Yes but 6'3 in todays world is nothing really. Men could very easily handle swords of the day and suits of armor. Henry the VIII was fat because of a lavish lifestyle.

the katana was by far superior made. Spanish had the best steel but the design of the katana is something that cannot be duplicated. it could be used with one or two hands as effectively, was lighter, stronger and the blade was sharper than anything Europe could produce because of the way it was forged. The damn blade was folded thousands of times....lol

don't get me wrong there are some great and legendary european swords but the katana's weight, craftsmanship and cutting ability I think was superior.
              Dude, I'm 6'3" and I'm always surprised if I run into somebody my size. It's a rarity to get somebody that big. Just because pro-athletes are all 6'+ doesn't mean everybody is.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X