No announcement yet.

Best chins ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali and Robinson

Ali because he was in with bangers, the hardest bangers ever to box...and he was hit by some of the hardest punchers ever to lace up gloves. Frazier was the hardest left hooker in the business...Forman one of the hardest punchers ever...Shavers, Liston, Chuvalo...knock you dead bangers, all of them would be heavyweight champions today but none of them knocked Ali out. Having a chin is not determined by how many times you're knocked down...IT IS DETERMINED BY HOW MANY TIMES YOU NEVER GOT UP! And all of the people who couldn't knock Ali out...eventually got knocked out themselves...that tells you a lot about a man, and a fighter.

Ray Robinson, same thing only better. Never knocked out! In with bangers like LaMotta, Gene Fulmer and Basilio...all of them were knocked out (by Ray mostly) but Ray never was...champions who go through a career and never get counted over are a rare breed...you have to count those guys as having the best chins...

Comment

where's prince naseem? or corely?

or mccullough?

i think naseem had the best chin ever in the sport, ever time he was ever KD was because of balance, he was never really dazed if you look

Comment

i think naseem had the best chin ever in the sport, ever time he was ever KD was because of balance, he was never really dazed if you look
        That's a pretty bold assumption because...

1. He was knocked down many times and it'd be very difficult to prove he wasn't hurt or dazed on any of those occassions.

2. There have been thousands of fighters throughout history and many of them had great chins. To say Hamed had the best chin of them all because you don't think he was ever dazed (which I simply don't believe) even though he was knocked down many times is a stretch.

And why don't we change the thread to "best chin in recent years of televised fights" because many of the candidates offered so far reveal a lack of knowledge on the forum of boxing pre 1970. Chavez had a good chin but I think Hagler's was even better, and that's not even going very far back in boxing's history.

Comment

i've only seen one fight of Jake Lamotta, the one were Sugar Ray Robinson won, by the corner throwing in the towel in the 13th round, but I would still say Jake Lamotta because Ive never seen someone take so much punishment ever and still stay on his feet and they weren't even gloves barely even mitts that they wore in those days. He had one hell of a chin.

Comment

You know i don't want to bash people for having a opinion by why is Ali's name even on the list?He was knocked down 4 or 5 times he was hurt and staggered countless times.Ali was tough but his chin wasn't close to being great.Cooper a 190 or so pound man dropped him with one punch and almost had him knocked out.Do you think Cooper could hurt Foreman or a Tua or Mccall?Hell no because they have great chins.A great chin means you can walk through vicious punches by vicious punchers and not be bothered by his attack.Great chin doesnt mean you get hit and hurt but just dont go down.Tua,Foreman,Mccall,Chuvalo,Hagler, ect ect ect had great chins.

Comment

Jake LaMotta and Marvelous Marvin Hagler ..

I dunno EVERY fighter before that well, but from what I've seen, they are on my list...

Comment

always say this in these kinda threads
                Wayne McCullough
                no other guy takes as much consistent punishment each fight
                never been kod
                plus hes fought some of the p4p hardest hittin guys
                naz and morales
                and he took lots of punches from both

Comment

hagler hands down...he couldnt be hurt at 160...foreman

Comment

Well Ali was never KO'd, sure he went down, but he got up! The Holmes stoppage, that doesnt count, and it wasnt a KO. If I recall correctly, Muhamad didnt answer the bell for the 11th.

SRR just on the strength of his record probably has #1, but for HW's Ali. Let us not forget Rocky.

Comment

You dont seem to be able to grasp logic .Ali was still hurt tons of times.He was knocked down 4 times in his career from one punch.Just because he got up doesnt mean he had a great chin.It has to do with his being to recover from punches quick.Maricano didnt fight any top level fighters in their primes.If he had to face Foreman Frazier Lewis he would of been knocked out.Marciano was dropped 2 times in his career by guys who were naturally smaller than him.As i said a great chin means you get hit and walk right through the punch.Foreman Tua Hagler Mccall did this.Ali couldnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X