No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Josesito Lopez Living That 'Rocky' Moment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Josesito Lopez Living That 'Rocky' Moment

Oscar De La Hoya offered a very personal reminder Tuesday for those that think Josesito Lopez is too small to upset Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.

“The Golden Boy” was a big favorite over Manny Pacquiao, literally and figuratively, when Pacquiao challenged De La Hoya in December 2008. That didn’t stop Pacquiao from dominating De La Hoya for eight one-sided rounds, before the six-division champion and future Hall-of-Famer quit on his stool before the ninth round of their welterweight fight at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

actually i noticed lopez had the bigger frame and like it says here he's taller,but still he's a jr welter...anyways what i was waiting for was to hear if mares was on this card and against who..i guess he's not going to be fighting on this card after all like it was said a couple of days ago,i like what oscar said about the ko of the night winner getting a bonus of 100 k...and the fans voting for the ko of the night,i think these bonuses are good,i think the fight that will steal the show is maidana/karass fight,too bad it's on the same night as chavez/martinez,even though chavez/martinez is "the" fight,i'm still a fan of the sport and want to see these other fights too

Comment

Lol. Golden Boy been trolling like shyt over the past few weeks. I bet DeLa Hoya picks Josesito to win this fight too.

I aint gonna lie though their events have delivered for the most part this year.

Comment

I like Lopez,but there is noway in hell I'm watching this over Martinez Chavez...

Comment

Is Oscar talking ish about Pac again by comparing Josesito to him? Lol. Anyway Josesito doesnt have a bigger frame, he's just taller. Ortiz has a big upper body for his class and Canelo is built like a tank from the legs up. Pac has a good frame for welter too, especially with his mutant calves/legs lol

Comment

Who cares! Everyone is going to be pre occupied with Jr. And Martinez on this night.

Comment

wack ass De La Hoya tryna make it seem as though the fight will be fair. It will be competitive solely because Lopez is a warrior and will go down fighting. Chump ass Canelo is probably gonna be getting his ass outboxed and his face turned cambell's tomato soup red before his size begins to create a problem for Lopez. It's going to be just like the Gomez fight, the VERY instant that Canelo wobbles, or hits Lopez with a signifiant punch, Golden Boy will make sure to stop the fight and say Canelo KO'd him. Win-win for them. Canelo "dominates and Ko's" the man that broke Ortiz's jaw, and Lopez is fresh to fight at 147 for GBP again.

Comment

Fighting Alvarez is a "Rocky moment"??

Comment

Rocky moment

Fuc**** no this is no "Rocky" moment! No way! De La Hoya just wants to make look this fight intersting which is not at all. This Josesito is just a very easy Targe for Canelo....

Comment

And he's gonna end up like Apollo Creed...

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                    actually i noticed lopez had the bigger frame
                    Come on man, look how thick Canelo's arm and neck are compared to Lopez.

Last edited by Light_Speed; 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X