• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barkely vs taylor

iran barkley vs jermiane taylor, who wins it

i dont know

Comment

Barkley of 85/86 with long range boxing, always getting the better of any long exchanges, beats Taylor at present.

But Taylor has a lot of improving to do, a lot to add to his armoury and the natural talent to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitbullpower
        Barkley of 85/86 with long range boxing, always getting the better of any long exchanges, beats Taylor at present.

But Taylor has a lot of improving to do, a lot to add to his armoury and the natural talent to be able to.
        i feel the same way, barkley is very dangerous and brings it, i think he may be able to expose some of taylors defensive flaws and ko him,i see a lot of talent ans toughness in taylor but he has some flaws, i think bark exposes, hopkins should of beat taylor but he fought to defensive, barkley dont fight defensive

Comment

Honestly, I'd favour Taylor. Barkley was strong and aggressive and persistant; but he really wasn't that good of a boxer and had a horrible defense. He had Tommy Hearns number and that's about it. No disrespect to the Great Tommy Hearns; but his chin betrayed him in the first match with Iran and Barkley just bullied him in the rematch at 175. He had the style to beat Tommy Hearns......Hagler and Leonard aside.

Remember, while Jermain does have a lot of growing to do, his last three fights were against two of the best technicians in recent memory....Barkley was no where near Hopkins or Wright's class in this regard and would not offer the same problems.

Taylor wins a UD over Barkley, IMHO....and is definitely more convincing than Michael Nunn was in his win over The Blade.
          Last edited by K-DOGG; 07-31-2006, 11:42 AM.

Comment

barkley, and it wouldnt even be close.

Comment

I would take Barkley in that match up.

Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X