Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Todd Grisham: In-Depth Q&A with Friday Night Fights Host

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Todd Grisham: In-Depth Q&A with Friday Night Fights Host

For years, boxing fans watching ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights” had studio host Brian Kenny. But when Kenny left the network, he was replaced by Bernardo Osuna, who in turn has stepped into a role as an on-site reporter at the bouts.

This season has brought a new studio host in Todd Grisham, whose credits include sports-casting gigs, several years with World Wrestling Entertainment, and a job for the past year and a half with the Worldwide Leader in Sports.

Grisham, 37, spoke with BoxingScene.com on March 4, discussing how he became the host of “Friday Night Fights,” how he first became a boxing fan nearly 30 years ago with the three-round war between Marvelous Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns, and much, much more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Todd Pissham from WWE. :laff2: He sucked there and he still sucks on ESPN.

Comment

At least the guy is honest. You have to respect him for that. Let's face it: after Kenny left, it's not like there was a long list of seasoned boxing hosts beating down the door for the job. Perhaps Grisham can grow into the role over time.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
        At least the guy is honest. You have to respect him for that. Let's face it: after Kenny left, it's not like there was a long list of seasoned boxing hosts beating down the door for the job. Perhaps Grisham can grow into the role over time.
        Yeah, I'll give him that. He does try hard. It's just that I can't take him seriously from his WWE days, so watching him struggle at times to talk about boxing makes me laff (I think he referred to Broner as a WW champion when he interviewed him last month).

Comment

It looks like he's trying and he cares about the job. That's about all you can ask of these mainstream media guys.

Not all of them are going to be passionate, hardcore boxing heads.

Comment

Grisham is actually pretty good at it. So are Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore. What ESPN needs to do is dump Bernardo Osuna. That guy is the pits. What reasoning is there behind having a 3rd person on site, besides Osuna was maybe signed to an irrevocable contract. Because it sure ain't talent. The guy is a complete airhead. Clueless.
            Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Was he the guy who said he had never seen Matthysse? I don't mean to crap on anyone but if that's the guy then it's a disgrace he's got anything to do with boxing on television.

Comment

Working...
              X