Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd did not fight Baldomir after the Judah fight he would have been crusified

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    And Ricky Hatton...now people discredit these fights
    Hatton was the man at 140 with a huge following, Mayweather wasn't even a draw at this point:

When asked if he would fight Ricky Hatton overseas, Floyd sighed, “my whole career didn’t go the way I wanted it to go. I don’t know where I’m going. I can’t wait for the day when I’ll be a free agent and I can go where I want to go.” He said he would not go overseas to fight Hatton, because he wants neutral territory.
    by neutral territory he clearly meant the US (or more specifically his backyard in Vegas).

If he had expressed any interest in fighting outside his backyard the fight would have been made, but he cried enough about having to fight in Atlantic City against Gatti and that wasn't even outside of his country.

Comment

"Floyd ducked the Ring/Lineal champion Carlos Baldomir, who beat Judah, Gatti, and Clottey. 05/06 Baldomir would have been a legit win over an actual WW for Floyd. But he decided to duck him instead".

Comment

Larryx at it again :laugh:
        no he wouldn't have been "crucified"
        Floyd fighting Baldomir was acceptable, but it was not in demand
        nobody woulda been upset if Floyd bypassed that fucking bum
        diehards woulda loved for him to fight Tony instead
        nobody gave a fuck about Baldomir, even if he did have the title

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Who cares about Floyd?
          You do consdering you constantly post about him and post in all threads that have to do with him lol.

Comment

Most people because then they can understand what you are saying

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              EVERYONE would claim he was scared of Baldomir and fought his left overs in Judah...also was accused of ducking Hatton...lol amazing how people try to discredit these fights now

Remember this

This video brings back so many memories. Man I miss the old Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Hatton was the man at 140 with a huge following, Mayweather wasn't even a draw at this point:

by neutral territory he clearly meant the US (or more specifically his backyard in Vegas).

If he had expressed any interest in fighting outside his backyard the fight would have been made, but he cried enough about having to fight in Atlantic City against Gatti and that wasn't even outside of his country.
                UMMMMM OK like i said people said he was ducking Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Mayweather had sold more PPV's in the US than Hatton had by Late 2005, fact.

Las Vegas is probably the most neutral place to fight in the world, fact.

Hatton got TKO'd by Mayweather when both were prime and undefeated, fact.

Comment

43-9
                    Hadn't lost since 1999. 8 year undefeated streak.
                    From 1999-2006 he was 19-0-2 with 6 fights against undefeated opponents.
                    Wins over Clottey, Gatti, and Judah.
                    Won the WBC/Ring/Lineal 147 title and was glorified as the man that Floyd needed to fight.

Comment

He shouldn't have fought Judah, period. Margarito and Baldomir, those should have been the fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X