Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carlos Baldomir the worst legit champ of a weight class ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say Nathan Cleverly...but that's more to do with my own personal bias

Comment

I still dont know why floyd never pressured baldo to take OSTs. Who knows if that wouldve held up the superfight between the two.

Comment

Freddie Pendleton is known as a journeyman who had lots of losses when he won a title. but he is not a bad fighter. I watched a Nigel Benn interview recently in which he said that after the Watson loss he went to america to train there and Pendleton (a lightweight) was boxing his head off for the first 6 months, just cause he is so skilful.

Comment

From what I've seen, Nathan Cleverley is like a really poor, laughably bad hologram of Joe Calzaghe, with a record full of bums and a paper title which he obtained from a questionable, robbery decision over a fighter who was pre-prime at the time. He has fought nobody, he is promoted by Frank Warren, his camp keep talking up big fights but then claiming pullouts/injuries/bad luck etc, which conveniently forces them to avoid said danger fights in favour of weaker opposition. The guy may step it up but right now he is looking paper thin.

Comment

And if we are talking undisputed, RING magazine kind of champion, then I'd have to go with one of my heroes, Ricky Hatton, sadly. Sure he was a top fighter in his prime, but the best in his division? I very much doubt that. When he captured the belt from Kostya Tszyu, you had a young Floyd Mayweather, and an undefeated Miguel Cotto in the same weight class. When those 2 moved up, you had a young Tim Bradley, and a rampaging Manny Pacquiao, with Juan Manuel Marquez in close pursuit.

A lot was made of Hatton being the undisputed Junior Welterweight champion. He was definately a top fighter. Just not THE top fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Than you have to add all the steroid cheats Holyfield, Mosley, Jones, Randall,Berto, Mayweather, Peterson seems like they're all black
              Vargas, Morales, Salido.

Comment

wow, how is it people can't read the word legit.

Comment

of his era i guess yeah

Comment

Working...
                  X