Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont think Gamboa is scared. Top Rank is pressuring him. Your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course TR is pressuring him. No fighter that enters a ring is scared- it's all propaganda. When it subsides, or he cracks if that happens, they'll sit him down and say "see what can happen if you go against us?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
      explain to me how he is ducking him. So he doesn't fear him, he's just ducking him right? And by your logic, if Gamboa is ducking Rios, then Rios is ducking Victor Ortiz and Berto and Mayweather and the rest of the welterweights.
      People said Bradley feared Khan and was ducking him, but that's bull. He didn't fight him because of contract issues with his promoter.... so he was labeled a ducker.
      Gamboa's doing the same thing, I don't think he's afraid but in refusing to take the fight he's ducking him. It's not like the situation is extremely against Gamboa. He's contracted by Top Rank as their fighter and he verbally agreed to fight.

Comment

The word duck gets thrown around way too much these days. So much so that its' lost its' original meaning.

Lewis-Bowe was a duck. Bradley-Khan and Gamboa-Rios is not.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
          Of course TR is pressuring him. No fighter that enters a ring is scared- it's all propaganda. When it subsides, or he cracks if that happens, they'll sit him down and say "see what can happen if you go against us?"
          I don't think that's entirely true, but it is rare. I haven't seen as many fights as some of the guys here, but in all my years of watching boxing, the only man I've ever seen instill fear in other men (and consistently) was Mike Tyson. It was plain as day.

Comment

The word duck gets thrown around way too much these days. So much so that its' lost its' original meaning.

Lewis-Bowe was a duck. Bradley-Khan and Gamboa-Rios is not.
            Alas I admit my usage of the word duck is thrown around way to casually. But still, I feel that gamboa will shoulder a good amount of the blame if this fight isn't met.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I don't think that's entirely true, but it is rare. I haven't seen as many fights as some of the guys here, but in all my years of watching boxing, the only man I've ever seen instill fear in other men (and consistently) was Mike Tyson. It was plain as day.
              Point taken. I'd say you don't see egotistical, world-class, fighters that are scared of one another. Like I don't believe Rios is scared of Gamboa, Floyd is scared of Manny or vice-versa, Bradley is scared of Khan, Khan scared of Prescott, I never thought Haye was scared of K2, or Bernard was scared of Chad, and the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Alas I admit my usage of the word duck is thrown around way to casually. But still, I feel that gamboa will shoulder a good amount of the blame if this fight isn't met.
                That TR media-machine will spark that. They're excellent at controlling perception.

Comment

Point taken. I'd say you don't see egotistical, world-class, fighters that are scared of one another. Like I don't believe Rios is scared of Gamboa, Floyd is scared of Manny or vice-versa, Bradley is scared of Khan, Khan scared of Prescott, I never thought Haye was scared of K2, or Bernard was scared of Chad, and the list goes on.
                  Agreed.

I have to admit, it gets on my nerves when people claim "so-and-so" is afraid of "so-and-so." I tend to instinctively tune them out, as if anyone who would say that can't possibly know what they're taking about. lol

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    ...I feel that gamboa will shoulder a good amount of the blame if this fight isn't met.
                    That TR media-machine will spark that. They're excellent at controlling perception.
                    Most people will never look very deeply into an issue. They either blame what's most convenient, or blame whomever the crowd is pointing to. Indeed, if this fight falls through, Gamboa will get the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Gamboa afraid of Rios? In my best "Tony Montana" voice, "No. Fuck no...."

Brandon is one tough hombre, but there's no reason whatsoever why Yuri would fear him. All this talk about cowardice comes from immature (both literally and figuratively) "fans."

There is precious little evidence, but it's slowly beginning to appear that Gamboa has an issue with his co-promoter Ahmet Oner, not Bob Arum or Top Rank. I hope we get some solid answers soon.
                      Oner is scum. It's not an overstatement and when you see 'Oner' bashing online is not without cause. El tipo es mierda. Salas right after being removed as Gamboa's trainer showed me 'proof' on what a piece of garbage this guy is. You don't f#ck around with a man's money. I had a sit down with Gamboa once and he expressed his dislike for Oner too. Let's just say Gamboa felt then that Oner was only focused on Odlanier Solis and only had plans for la sombra.

Comment

Working...
                      X