No announcement yet.

Hagler's Boxing Skills.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler's Boxing Skills.

A quick video I made to highlight there's more to Marvelous than brawling.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

A quick video I made to highlight there's more to Marvelous than brawling.
    A video like this for Hagler is long overdue.

Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      A video like this for Hagler is long overdue.

Good work.
      Might make a mini series about these misconceptions. I'll be sure to include Ray Leonard was not a dancer! Also, disprove all that Joe Frazier used was the left hook and disprove Thomas Hearns had a glass jaw.
      Last edited by Barn; 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I can't completely blame people who say Hagler was a brawler. It's the part he played in the two biggest fights of his career, that are the only two fights most people saw. It's ignorant to say, but that's what almost everyone saw and nothing else.

Comment

Nice video Barn- excellent

Comment

Hagler had excellant boxing skills with good technique also. When he'd loose his cool he would fall back into that Philly fighter maul & braul that never looks good but you can get rid of lesser competition that way. He looked a little worse than other because he'd step over from southpaw to traditional when brauling so it didn't have much form to it but he usually got results. I watched him live upstate Maine USA fight on his birthday and box beautifully for about 4 rounds I think then put some quick combos together and go eat some cake with us. Marvin knew how to box, hands high, good movement at the waist, head, very good faints and a two handed fighter. Excellant fighter that could fight in any era and do well. Ray

Comment

Might make a mini series about these misconceptions. I'll be sure to include Ray Leonard was not a dancer! Also, all that Joe Frazier used was the left hook and Thomas Hearns did not have a glass jaw.
              It would make my day to help you with the Frazier one. I'm almost positive Ive studied his style more than anyone. I use it for god sakes!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                It would make my day to help you with the Frazier one. I'm almost positive Ive studied his style more than anyone. I use it for god sakes!
                If you point me to specific fights where he used the right a lot, or scored a KO with it, that would be great. Iv'e watched quite a bit of Frazier but, probably nowhere near as much as you have.

And it sounds weird in my previous post. I meant prove Frazier DID NOT only use the left and Hearns DID NOT have a glass jaw. Just to clear any confusion.

Comment

is MMH a lefty or righty?

Comment

If you point me to specific fights where he used the right a lot, or scored a KO with it, that would be great. Iv'e watched quite a bit of Frazier but, probably nowhere near as much as you have.

And it sounds weird in my previous post. I meant prove Frazier DID NOT only use the left and Hearns DID NOT have a glass jaw. Just to clear any confusion.
                    To make a long story short, I've studied film of him, was instructed by him, practiced and trained like him, since i was 10 years old to specifically fight like him, but with better defense, and outside game, and to use the right hand and left hand equally. I can name a few off the top of my head. He cracked Ali with a nice right in Manila. He really used the right to the body alot and well against ramos. I watched a veru crummy tape that he had on film reels in the gym of him fighting memphis al jones in one of his early fights where he knocked him out with a right uppercut followed by a right hook. I dont think the film exists online though.

Comment

Working...
                    X