No announcement yet.

Helenius loses to prime versions of Peter, Brewster and Liakhovich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helenius loses to prime versions of Peter, Brewster and Liakhovich

Peter, Brewster and Liakhovich were all shot fighters when they fought Helenius.

Prime Peter vs Helenius: Peter by KO

Prime Brewster vs Helenius: Brewster by KO

Prime Liakhovich vs Helenius: Liakhovich by UD

Assuming that he's not telling the truth about breaking his right in the first round.

Comment

Helenius has the power of the first but does he have the power of the spirit? In cases of which these is a part, there is the problem of defence. Without wonderful defence there can be no victory maybe. Defence is the, game.

Comment

He's so freaking slow.

He's like Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Assuming that he's not telling the truth about breaking his right in the first round.
          He has a hairline fracture in his right hand. He won't need a cast.

Boxing fans are sooo fickle it's hilarious. Chisora is a very good fighter when he's in shape and inspired. Too bad he's not always that way. But he certainly used a great strategy vs Helenius: alternate body and head shots to keep him off balance, and crowd him to blunt his power shots.

Helenius needs to get in better shape. Chisora's attack had him tiring early in the fight. He could also use a better trainer: I'm not a Ulli Wegner fan.

But one mediocre outing doesn't mean Helenius is over. Lennox Lewis and the K-Bros certainly came back from far worse outings.

Comment

One thing being lost in the commotion over the scoring of this fight is that it was a very exciting heavyweight tilt, and for my money better than anything on the Top Rank card in NYC the same day. Best heavyweight fight I've seen in a while.

Comment

Working...
            X