Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Haye wins, will people give him credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Haye wins, will people give him credit?

This is aimed at the Haye-ters amongst you, and specifically at those who call him a "bum" and regard him as unskilled (also bearing in mind that I'm not a huge fan anymore, myself)...

If Haye were to stop or decision the giant, would that elevate him in your view? Forget his personality and trash-talking for just one moment, because hatred of a fighter's personality only serves to cloud one's judgement.

Now, imagine that he becomes the first man to stop Valuev legitimately (i.e. stool quittage, or clearly out on his feet). Does that not warrant some praise? No...? What about if he knocks him down cleanly? That's surely something even a hater would have to acknowledge as good.

How about if he lasts the distance and manages to get that seemingly elusive decision? Not worthy of any positive words...? What about if he puts on a boxing clinic and makes Valuev look ridiculous like Holyfield did? Oh wait, that'll probably result in "He was **** anyway, Haye's still a bum".

I'm genuinely intrigued here. Haters only (and disregard the Klitschkos for this instance) - what can Haye do in this fight alone to make you give him credit?

it will not be valuev's first loss, if haye knocks him out it will be impressive performance

Comment

Caaaah'm on. I was keen on seeing some views on this.

Comment

Why would he not get credit?

Comment

He needs to knock him out to impress me. Valuev is not that good and he is old as hell and has aged poorly, atleast I think he aged poorly because he looked extremely slow against Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
            Why would he not get credit?
            From what the Haye-ters have written, I can't see how they'd be willing to give him any sort of credit no matter what he does. That's why I'm asking them specifically.

Comment

Of course. Valuev is nothing special but winning his belt would still be a fine accomplishment for David. He is outsized and is known for power at CW. To beat a big guy like Valuev does make a statement, even though I do not like Haye.

Comment

Haye will get credit no doubt. he beats him on points in germany. how many fighters do that these days.

Comment

I most certainly will, Hardcore Klitschko fans will not, but Haye is at a style disadvantage and will have to fight well, in a manner he is not used to, to defeat big Nikolay

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    I most certainly will, Hardcore Klitschko fans will not
                    Crazy as though it may sound, it's their opinion in which I'm the most interested here. :wnk1:

Comment

Working...
                    X