Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too harsh on Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People overreact to this stuff, including the Sunday hate. Let the Pac haters and Marquez fans have their day. Let the Pac fans mourn. That shot was spectacular. That fight was awesome. The conversations after, the collective barber shop, is all part of being a fan.

Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
      Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez fan here.

Do you think many people are being too hard on Pacquiao? I hear many questioning his accomplishments, calling him b class fighter, overrated, making fun of him, etc.

He just fought a great fighter who gives him style fits a fourth time. Its like giving a fighter every chance to finally beat you until they do.

Some are even talking as if Pac's round robin with Barrera, Morales a and Marquez or his rise through the welterweights meant nothing.

Pacman didnt need this fight. Money was probably the driving factor for Arum (Manny does say Arum controls who he fights and boxers are just gorillas to Arum) Manny seems like a genuine honest guy who likes to compete and have fun. He has been obedient to his promoter and has mad good money. No one is invincible. If you've allowed yourself to believe that, then that's your issue.
      No one was as harsh on Manny Pacquiao than Marquez' right fist.

That's who you should be pleading with.

Comment

manny looked good i hope he doesnt hang it up and fights marquez a 5th time i think it will do even more money then this one. as for the haters screw them i dont care what they think just let them je.rk off under there desks and my respect to marquez for the win no excuses but the pacman will be back

Comment

When elite athletes fall hard, they get totally slated, and thats more lucid in combat sports. That KO came 1 second before the end of the round. Its all intangibles.

Yesterday was a gamechanger. I don't think less of Pac, hes been great viewing, but his aura is blitzed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

When elite athletes fall hard, they get totally slated, and thats more lucid in combat sports. That KO came 1 second before the end of the round. Its all intangibles.

Yesterday was a gamechanger. I don't think less of Pac, hes been great viewing, but his aura is blitzed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

People are not going hard on Pacman, this is what fight-fans do, they cheer for there favorite and celebrate when their favorite wins.

Pacfans just seen Pac as someone that should cause everyone to suppress there opinions. Pacquiao lost, point blank period.

Comment

Originally posted by k1llu View Post
                i don't think people are hard on manny. they are going hard on his fans though and deservedly so.
                You said it EXACT AND PRECISELY.

Comment

NO, is it too harsh on Mayweather or Marquez that they didn't win fighter of the decade because of Manny's bull**** wins over Marquez even tho they are both more deserving ? Is it too harsh on Marquez that he wasn't P4P king when Floyd was retired even tho he'd beaten Pacquiao twice. Now use boxing fans don't have to listen to morons like Skip Bayless say Manny's could hang with Sugar Ray Leonard. It would of took Leonard 4 rds not fights.

Comment

Its boxing, fighters lose. Fighters can get knocked out. Pac is still a great fighter.

Comment

To be fair, Pacquiao was dominating the fight. Marquez measured him and hit him with a perfect shot but Pacquiao shouldn't have been that sloppy, i think he got the feeling that he was dominating it and was trying to end it but instead he ended up getting KO'ed because he was too aggressive.

I'd still favour him to beat most of the fighters out there bar Mayweather and obviously a rematch with Marquez so yeah i think people are being harsh on him. But that's the kind of hate that just comes with the territory of being the most popular fighter on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                      X