Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Josesito Lopez BEATS Canelo Is He Instant ATG, P4P top 10, Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    Lopez already caused a huge upset over Ortiz by coming up from 140 and beating him by RTD. He's now going up yet another division and fighting the WBC champion at 154. If he somehow beats Canelo, would you consider Lopez fighter of the year? Where would he be in your p4p list? Could he even be an instant ATG by those two achievements alone?
    IF he beats him? SMH of course he is going to be considered an ATG WHEN he beats Canelo. Especially since after the ass whoopin he is going to call out Carl Froch at 168, you guys just don't know, Josesito Lopez is the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Realism View Post
      I bet if it was someone like Bradley that did this
      Go get an education moron.

Comment

CLEARLY WOULD BE MY PICK FOR FOTY ... ATG would be disrespectful to even consider .. but idk not top 10 p4p just yet but beating Canelo IMO gets him very close .... TOP 20 anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          Lopez already caused a huge upset over Ortiz by coming up from 140 and beating him by RTD. He's now going up yet another division and fighting the WBC champion at 154. If he somehow beats Canelo, would you consider Lopez fighter of the year? Where would he be in your p4p list? Could he even be an instant ATG by those two achievements alone?

instant ATG?

man you be smoking some hard ****

Comment

Fighter of the year for causing the biggest upsets of the year. Don't get carried away with everything else there buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              If I'm not mistaken, Gatti had only lost to Floyd in the last 4 years or so before facing Baldomir. I'm pretty sure Gatti was actually the favorite because most felt Baldo's victory over Judah was a fluke.

Regarding Canelo, he's possibly worse than Bute. We really don't know how good he is because he refuses to fight in his own weight class. Why crown Canelo as being the king without even proving any of his worth?

At least we knew what Gatti and Judah brought to the table based off who they've been in with and who they've beaten. For all we know, Canelo could not even be a Top 10 JMW because he's never faced anyone worth substance. All we're doing is speculating off what we think Canelo could do based off his victories over Mosley, Hatton, Cotto, Gomez and Baldomir and the fact that a lot of people in Mexico support him. Outside of that, we know absolutely nothing about how he handles pressure, how well he can take a punch from someone his own size, nothing....

Sure Lopez beat Ortiz at 147, but do we really know how good Ortiz was at 147? He only had one fight prior to facing Mayweather. He has 1 damn good win at WW, but he wasn't consistently knocking em down at 147. Still a solid win for Lopez, but I actually slightly favored Lopez going into that fight. It was far from a huge upset; that's why I wouldn't favor the Lopez win over Baldo's over Gatti's.
              That's true, but he went to retire after a bad beating in his next fight, never won a welter belt either.

Judah and Ortiz are both headcases and underachievers, at different stages of career. Not sure Ortiz will end up matching Zab's career, he is young but that's no guarantee. But one thing he always has is huge size for the weight. It was like that at 140, same at 147. That's what Lopez had to work against, while coming up from 140 on short notice. For Baldo, it was in his favor. Zab even found some success moving down to 140, after being manhandled by a big welter in Clottey. It's rare a veteran champ moves down, unless you're a people's champ like Mundine.

Zab and Gatti both fit the profile of a Canelo opponent I think. I'll have to doublecheck if there's a "not dead" requirement.

Comment

if he beats Alvarez in impressive fashion, he is leading candidate for fighter of the year. What an amazing turn of events that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  ledbedev should have received fighter of the year last year for beating jones and toney.
                  Yeah....if it was 1995!

Sven Ottke #1 P4P ATG

Joe Calzaghe is a close 2nd.

Comment

Christ, some people won't rest until ATG is a meaningless term.

Absolutely not and not even close.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    ledbedev should have received fighter of the year last year for beating jones and toney.
                    He would have if Tarver and B-Hop hadn't ducked him like the plague
                    Last edited by Capaedia; 07-30-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Fighter of the Year easily. But an ATG? Lolno.

Comment

Working...
                      X