Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley's Trainer: Mayweather's Age Catching Up With Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley's Trainer: Mayweather's Age Catching Up With Him

While inside of the MGM Grand on Saturday night during the ‘Ring Kings’ pay-per-view event headlined by Floyd Mayweather’s excellent bout with Miguel Cotto, I spotted a familiar face in attendance I otherwise would not have expected.

Leading undefeated lightweight prospect Omar Figueroa into the ring for the untelevised portion of the card was trainer Joel Diaz, known best for his work with undefeated junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. [Click Here To Read More]

Lol @ saying that everything Mayweather threw landed and Cotto only won a few rounds lol. Tim Bradley stick to taking your PEDs, and stop analyzing boxing. Tim is walking around like a midget heavyweight right now. And Tim on PEDs is a dangerous thing because PEDs make your head bigger and we already know that's his is best weapon in the ring. Tim should have to wear a boxing glove like a fitted hat on his head. Bradley has no skills and is the most overrated boxer I've seen yet. He just comes forward with his head. I have Pac with a mid round KO.
    Last edited by UndefeatedJimmy; 05-08-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      While inside of the MGM Grand on Saturday night during the ‘Ring Kings’ pay-per-view event headlined by Floyd Mayweather’s excellent bout with Miguel Cotto, I spotted a familiar face in attendance I otherwise would not have expected.

Leading undefeated lightweight prospect Omar Figueroa into the ring for the untelevised portion of the card was trainer Joel Diaz, known best for his work with undefeated junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley. [Click Here To Read More]
      He told the truth in a way because Mayweather was landing shots whenever he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by UndefeatedJimmy View Post
        Lol @ saying that everything Mayweather threw landed and Cotto only won a few rounds lol. Tim Bradley stick to taking your PEDs, and stop analyzing boxing. Tim is walking around like a midget heavyweight right now. And Tim on PEDs is a dangerous thing because PEDs make your head bigger and we already know that's his is best weapon in the ring. Tim should have to wear a boxing glove like a fitted hat on his head. Bradley has no skills and is the most overrated boxer I've seen yet. He just comes forward with his head. I have Pac with a mid round KO.
        I actually lol'd hard.

Although he is right, mayweather landed all night long babbyyyyy

Comment

Of course nobody at 35 is as fast as when they were 25.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
            Of course nobody at 35 is as fast as when they were 25.
            handspeed wise floyd is still prime

Comment

I don't think it has as much to do with age as everybody says. I think Cotto's style is a very tough one for Mayweather especially at 154 where Cotto is physically stronger. Also that awkwardly timed jab, you can tell him and Diaz worked on that. Even integrating it into his combinations. For example, the left hook to the body followed by a jab or two. He just used it in a way where Mayweather couldn't anticipate it. That in turn was keeping Floyd out of his rhythm and a little more off balance than usual. Other than that I thought he looked great. He had good power, hand speed was still there. Sure he could of used more lateral movement to avoid the ropes but that's about it.

Comment

Bradley is right; boxers don't take blows because they want to. Floyd had to fight the way he did in order to win the fight. He couldn't move effectively whether by age or what's not, but i know, Cotto was cutting off the ring beautifully and bullying mayweather. I also believe the body shots took some steam out of his legs. He was landing some body shots of his own, which may have taken some steam out of Cotto as well. In all, it was a good fight. Mayweather showed he can still win with adversity and Cotto showed he's heart and will.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                  Bradley is right; boxers don't take blows because they want to. Floyd had to fight the way he did in order to win the fight. He couldn't move effectively whether by age or what's not, but i know, Cotto was cutting off the ring beautifully and bullying mayweather. I also believe the body shots took some steam out of his legs. He was landing some body shots of his own, which may have taken some steam out of Cotto as well. In all, it was a good fight. Mayweather showed he can still win with adversity and Cotto showed he's heart and will.
                  Floyd showed his legs were fine in the first for round but decided to brawl by choice. He def didn't brawl bc he had to

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    I thought the interview was with Bradley's trainer. Comprehension my friend (understand what you are reading before commenting).

Comment

Working...
                    X