No announcement yet.

jermaine taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jermaine taylor

i was just wondering about jermaine taylor how good was he, why did he seem to deterioate so quickly surelly he was quality when he beat hopkins but quite soon after that he seemed to be at a lower level, so deos anyone know why this is?

hopkins ruined him with his counter cross

Comment

I think Pavlik destroyed his confidence. He's never been the same since.

Comment

Had a terrible habbit of going backwards and not jabbing enough. In fact he had a lot of flaws.

Comment

He was a good young fighter, but he did have many flaws....

He was dominating Pavlik early until he got KO'ed.... But against popular demand, this did NOT finish off Taylor....

If I had to say what really ruined Taylor, I would say going all 12 with Pavlik in their second fight.... The second fight was brutal... Especially late in the 11th round....

That fight took everything that he had... He wanted to win so bad, and literally gave his all that fight... To the point where his career and skills were never the same...

Comment

he has a head with no screws in it

what can he do he likes to live

Comment

Getting hit hard by Pavlik. Boxers hand eye coordination can deteriorate from taking hard shots and becoming somewhat brain damaged.

Comment

not taking boxing as a job . started drinking in between fights. was consistently not in optimal shape. remember he was beating better than froch has ever been beaten for 11 rounds. he has all the skills required, just couldnt take boxing as seriously as klitschkos, manny pacquiao, mayweather and hopkins do.

Comment

He had deceiving power. To date, he's been the one and only fighter to knock down both Kelly Pavlik and Carl Froch.

Martinez and Hopkins no matter how hard they hit Pavlik and no matter how badly they beat him up, they just couldn't drop him. I mean Taylor really hurt Pavlik in their first fight but just couldn't finish him. He also hurt Froch badly twice and one was a knock down.

I would like him to come back but oh well, losing 3 out of 4 fights would ruin any one's confidence. He just started fighting with Sad Intentions, instead of Bad Intentions, after the first Pavlik loss.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He had deceiving power. To date, he's been the one and only fighter to knock down both Kelly Pavlik and Carl Froch.

Martinez and Hopkins no matter how hard they hit Pavlik and no matter how badly they beat him up, they just couldn't drop him. I mean Taylor really hurt Pavlik in their first fight but just couldn't finish him. He also hurt Froch badly twice and one was a knock down.

I would like him to come back but oh well, losing 3 out of 4 fights would ruin any one's confidence. He just started fighting with Sad Intentions, instead of Bad Intentions, after the first Pavlik loss.
                    Naw bro, he looked good and was in great shape for the second Pavlik fight.... That second fight KILLED anything Jermaine had left......

Comment

Working...
                    X