No announcement yet.

you don't appreciate them til they are gone: for me Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you don't appreciate them til they are gone: for me Ricky Hatton

Early on in his career he was a hypejob to me but as his career progressed I sad sold. He had the goods. Will be remembered as a face first brawler, but casual fans don't notice the subtleties he had. Working angles, rolling with shots, good peer and for an aggressive fighter he had good foot work. Could cut off the ring good hand foot speed, tenacity heart and was fearless. I firmly believe if he took better care of himself between fights and didn't take that breakdown beating at 147 from Floyd he would be the man at 140 today it longer than he did. In my book he is a hall of famer. Pacquiao iced him, give him credit but it's most aggressive fighters punch resistance dwindles over time. Style was he wads made for Floyd and Pacquiao but at or near his prime he only lost to the best. A hall of gamer in my book.really opened my eyes when I saw he outbox tackie,dominate Paulie, and take tszyu best shots. Hall of famer in my book

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Early on in his career he was a hypejob to me but as his career progressed I sad sold. He had the goods. Will be remembered as a face first brawler, but casual fans don't notice the subtleties he had. Working angles, rolling with shots, good peer and for an aggressive fighter he had good foot work. Could cut off the ring good hand foot speed, tenacity heart and was fearless. I firmly believe if he took better care of himself between fights and didn't take that breakdown beating at 147 from Floyd he would be the man at 140 today it longer than he did. In my book he is a hall of famer. Pacquiao iced him, give him credit but it's most aggressive fighters punch resistance dwindles over time. Style was he wads made for Floyd and Pacquiao but at or near his prime he only lost to the best. A hall of gamer in my book.really opened my eyes when I saw he outbox tackie,dominate Paulie, and take tszyu best shots. Hall of famer in my book
    for me it was fernando vargas, i hated his ****in azz, lol, i was ****in repulsed by him but now that i think of his career, he wanted to fight and only the best, lolhe was a ferocious mothr****er and when he spoke, he did it with a ****in passion, lol, he was a stand up guy when you were respectful but he would notlet you be disrespectful to him, lol, he was real and he had alotta pride, lol, at one time i completely hated vargas but now vargas is my second favorite fighter only to morales

Comment

I always felt the hate he gets is a little much. I always enjoyed his fights win or lose and he always seemed like a decent fellow. Nothing wrong with being an B+ or an A- fighter instead of an A+.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Hatton was a really good fighter, only lost to the two best fighters of the last 20 years.

That's what is sad about boxing, in every other sport you will be seen as a god if you're in the top 5. For example, even if Nadal or Federer destroys Murray in a game, nobody will hate on Murray. Murray will still be seen as a beast who is in the top 5 in the world. In boxing, if you get beat bad by the 1st guy, you will be a looser and many ******s on boxing site will hate on you and say that you s*ck. I think it's pretty unfair. The hatton that got beat by Floyd would have beaten pretty much anybody else in the world in a boxing match.

Have you heard somebody say that Mickelson s*cks beacause Woods is the number one ? no
        Have you heard somebody say that Stamkos s*cks beacause Crosby is the number one ? no
        Have you heard somebody say that Blake s*cks beacause Bolt is the number one ? no
        Have you heard somebody say that Bryant s*cks beacause James is the number one ? no

But in boxing, you have to be the number one or you're a loser
        Last edited by Jcsuper; 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Bye..... Zzzz. Z zzzzzz Glorified club.. X

Comment

Hatton was always going to burn brightly, but only for a short time given his fighting style and his lifestyle. Always enjoyed his fights, and think he is underrated by many.

For me it was Lennox Lewis. Never really liked him for some reason, but have since recognised his qualities.

Comment

Hatton whaha that is what i think of that guy i always thougth he suck donkeyballs and still do

Comment

Hatton was good until he moved up in weight, the physical style didn't work so well at 147lbs. I think Andre Ward realises this too and isn't keen to move to 175 for that same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                  Hatton was a really good fighter, only lost to the two best fighters of the last 20 years.

That's what is sad about boxing, in every other sport you will be seen as a god if you're in the top 5. For example, even if Nadal or Federer destroys Murray in a game, nobody will hate on Murray. Murray will still be seen as a beast who is in the top 5 in the world. In boxing, if you get beat bad by the 1st guy, you will be a looser and many ******s on boxing site will hate on you and say that you s*ck. I think it's pretty unfair. The hatton that got beat by Floyd would have beaten pretty much anybody else in the world in a boxing match.

Have you heard somebody say that Mickelson s*cks beacause Woods is the number one ? no
                  Have you heard somebody say that Stamkos s*cks beacause Crosby is the number one ? no
                  Have you heard somebody say that Blake s*cks beacause Bolt is the number one ? no
                  Have you heard somebody say that Bryant s*cks beacause James is the number one ? no *

But in boxing, you have to be the number one or you're a loser

Comment

damn right

boxing needs more ricky hattons !

guy was exciting ,humble, heart of a lion,

not afraid to fight the best ! which we don't see anymore

biggest following possibly in the history of boxing

if you have never seen hatton live i feel for you

BECAUSE IT IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME TYPE EVENT

Comment

Working...
                    X