No announcement yet.

Any lounge members got any phobias???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I know right? People thought I was trippin but I take that crap serious man. Ugh just thinking about it makes me want to go take a shower. My wife hates it cause often times we'll be laying on the couch and her foot will touch me and I just rage yell. Then I go clean whatever part of me her foot touched. I think i've gotten better with it though,
    Yeah. Ive been through that too I think I am getting a little more at ease with some things.

Comment

i have some phobias too. crowded places, ocd

Comment

Fcuking needles! I legit almost cried at the doctors last time he took my blood (which was the first time in 5 years)

No animals, because i love animals

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          For me....Im claustrophobic.The fear of having no escape and being closed in small spaces or rooms.

I cant ride in the back seat of a 2 door car because I cant let my self out.

I cant ride elevators.

I cant ride amusement park rides that are indoors.

I refused to go to any Lion games in the Silverdome as a kid..lol.

I refuse to swim in water I cant fully stand up in. And Im 5-9 so you can do the math.

I cant ride an airplane without taking STRONG medicine to make me fall asleep.

I absolutely CAN NOT ride in a Taxi.

I cant go in ANY room where the door can be held closed from the other side.

When I was little I never got on those slides that are closed up like a big ass tube. Hell naw.

I know its some more shyt I noticed thats all I can think of right now.
          All of the bolded I suffered from as a child but got over. Except theme park rides, I still don't do them. None of them.

Heights is a bad one for me, to this day and it's my only real phobia.

Used to have a bad one for mice when I pissed in a fallen tree and pretty much pissed next to a mouse. I ran away instantly trying to pull my trousers up as I went and abandoning any attempt at making sure I was fully empty.

When I was little, I used to think the big tubed chutes were unsafe because I imagined they might shut a door and everyone at the bottom would be jammed as more people slid in and then everyone would drown.

Comment

for work i usually drive at least 50 K miles a year. i've seen some bad sh#t on the roadways.

i say a tiny little prayer before every long trip. i drive very well, but i'm at the whim of everybody else on the road, as well as the state of aging boston infrastructure (bridges, roads, etc.)

Comment

I HATE mice. If someone has a pet mouse, it better stay in the cage the entire time I'm there. If see one scurrying on the floor, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                I HATE mice. If someone has a pet mouse, it better stay in the cage the entire time I'm there. If see one scurrying on the floor, I'm out.
                I wouldnt say I have a phobia but they are useless disgusting creatures. If I see one Im out as well. No questions asked. I dont play that mice shyt. Thats nasty as hell..lol.

Comment

Needles, spiders, creep crawlies more generally, heights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    I wouldnt say I have a phobia but they are useless disgusting creatures. If I see one Im out as well. No questions asked. I dont play that mice shyt. Thats nasty as hell..lol.
                    And I know I can't catch it. I can kill any spider. I can't kill a mouse and that drives me mad when I know one is around. Dirty disgusting vermin is all they are, glad they're everyone's food.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                      Needles, spiders, creep crawlies more generally, heights.

let's get you a job testing intravenous spider anti-venom on the roof of a tall building

that will go over well

Comment

Working...
                      X