Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can an adult start boxing in Toronto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can an adult start boxing in Toronto?

Where can an adult start boxing in Toronto? I'm 24 and would like to get started in boxing or some other useful martial art.

The boxing gym?

Comment

Woody's Boxing Club
      467 Church St
      Toronto

They have a free open gym on Friday nights, you should check them out, they are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastianebilly View Post
        Where can an adult start boxing in Toronto? I'm 24 and would like to get started in boxing or some other useful martial art.
        I suggest going to local pub and jogging an elbow just when he's drinking. You're sure to start learning to fight there....

Seriously, there's a bit of a problem. Make sure you train for months and practice defence and attack, because, as soon as you start sparring, some macho guy will try to take your head off. And ALWAYS wear a gumshield, even for a friendly scuffle. And NEVER close your eyes when a guy throws a punch.

Good Luck. Go to a friendly gym where the trainer won't stand for any bullying. There's always a lot of testosterone around a gym.
        Last edited by edgarg; 01-30-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastianebilly View Post
          Fightscholar
          West of Victoria park & Lawrence beside small petro Canada

Comment

I used to live in Toronto.

Check out Florida Jacks for Boxing.

If you want Boxing related Martial Arts (JKD), I heavily recommend Trinity Martial Arts.

Both are downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Woody's Boxing Club
              467 Church St
              Toronto

They have a free open gym on Friday nights, you should check them out, they are pretty good.
              Lol, username "el***" recommending anything on Church street = stay away, unless gay.

Comment

Sully's Gym
                1024 Dupont Street Toronto, Ontario M6H 1Z7

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=251410

Comment

Look up Bryon Mackie (former Canadian champ) or Dewith Frazer (1984 Canada Olympian)...both guys have gyms in Toronto...

Comment

Working...
                    X