Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Sugar Ray Leonard says if he would have fought Floyd Mayweather, he would have continuously hit Floyd in the arms and shoulder to open him up and discourage him from just sitting in his patented defensive position. Two questions: First do you agree with this strategy? Second, do you think "cracking" the shoulder roll is the key to defeating Floyd?

the problem with this is that, as you're hitting that shoulder, you become a sitting duck for the quickest counters in the game.

Comment

The amount of counter right hands one would take would surely make punching his shoulder a short experience.

Comment

I'll take sugar rays Leonard's word . I would punch he shoulder

Comment

I think he would need to right hook to turn Floyd to the side and make him off balance to stop the counter from coming.
          I still feel body work is the best way to counter it.

Comment

See how happy you are to hit someone shoulder when they are punching you in the face. I'd favor Leonard to beat Mayweather but not because he would hit his shoulders.

Comment

If I was devising a game plan to fight him will be lots of feints and straight lefts to the chest (doesnt matter if it lands) followed by a right hook high on the head (temple area) then side step all the way to his right and throw a hard hook to his stomach and just step out. he wont be set to counter any of that.

Comment

Though I don't think that's sound advice for most guys, I believe that Ray Leonard could have pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  I'll take sugar rays Leonard's word . I would punch he shoulder
                  Wouldn't work youd get countered to death and the Floyd would simply make most of the shoulder punches look like they were blocked...with his shoulder.

Comment

Then you would injure his shoulder and his fans would cry "Floyd had an injured shoulder! it don't count"

Comment

Working...
                    X