No announcement yet.

Ruben Olivares or Sandy Saddler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruben Olivares or Sandy Saddler

Between these two mega-punching little guys, who had the better career? I'm inclined to say Olivares, but he can't match three wins over Pep. He did have a stretch where he was 57-0-1 (55 KO's) though. That is ridiculous.

Saddler, I'd say.

Comment

I want too say Olivares, his bantam era is probably my favourite era ever or at least top 3, Chucho Castillo, Rafael Herrera, Lionel Rose etc, so many straight up beasts that all fought each other and Olivares reigned over them, but Saddler' resume still probably tops it, skill wise there's not too much in it either.

Comment

Saddler has those three awesome wins over Pep, but his resume isn't nearly as deep as Olivares'. Olivares more thoroughly dominated a better era. I think that 55 KO's in 57 fights statistic is just ridiculous.

Comment

Gotta say rokcabye ruben

Comment

I was a big fan of Olivares. Went to many of his fights in LA. But if I made an all time P4P list I'm pretty sure I'd have Saddler higher. Olivares may have been better at his peak, but Saddler had the better career IMO.

Comment

remember three judges all scoring a fight perfectly! And, one didn't score it the same as the other two. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I was a big fan of Olivares. Went to many of his fights in LA. But if I made an all time P4P list I'm pretty sure I'd have Saddler higher. Olivares may have been better at his peak, but Saddler had the better career IMO.
                must have been great to be in la in that era. You have mentioned you have even seen duran in the past at lw. Did you happen to seen Olivares vs art hafey?
                Back to the main topic It is close but I will go with saddler. Records are similar but beating pep is just awesome.

Comment

gotto go with #chang

Comment

Working...
                  X