Frazier V Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
    so who are you?
    Well I'm obiously not giving my information out on the facking internet espeically to a stranger, but ask guys who have been in the section for a long time like Barnburner, JAB and formerly GJC if I'm credible. I am well known in this section for being a disciple of Frazier, or at least i was until i took a hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      My height "statistics" come from standing next to them!
      Joe rehydrated to make sure he would not get flat in the middle of a bout. I leaned that from Eddie Futch years ago. My opinion of the sizes of these fighters comes from me meeting them in person. I'm a very good judge of height and weight just as most trainers are! I never shoke Fraziers hand but was at a few functions with him, one with Ali, Louis, Frazier, Ellis and George Fitch a long time sparring partner for Louis. It was a recognition party for Georgie!!
      I've met alot of the fighters who fought in the 40 thru the 60s because I was involved in the sport for 40 years and my older brother & father were too!
      No one is rewriting anything your info comes from what you've read and mine comes from what I've done! Your welcomed to believe whatever! Ray
      No, my info comes from reality. It doesn't take a boxing genius to know Frazier was bigger than Rocky Marciano. If you choose to argue anything to the contrary, then yes, you are rewriting history.

Comment

DarkTerror88 was trained by Joe Frazier I can confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
          I think Rocky had a better chin. I just can't see Frazier beating him head-to-head. I'd even go far as to say that he'd wear down and stop young Foreman, as well. It would be a little similar to the Lyle fight but a different result.
          How can you wear someone down if your only form of attack is to walk right into his punching range? The sheer strength behind those punches would knock Rocky off his feet even if they didn't hurt him. But I would put money on them hurting him as well.

Lyle was a good boxer and had the luxury of similar height and a reach almost a foot longer than Rocky, he was also a very strong man himself. He fought Foreman coming off a humiliating loss and one year lay-off.

Still got ground into the dust.

Comment

Fraizer is better. Stick Fraizer in Marciano's era and he would be 49-0 as well.

Comment

The Short Answer

Boxing historians may rank Marciano higher than Frazier for several reasons, but the one compelling reason that ends the discussion is the "U" word - Undefeated.

Comment

friazer for usre

Comment

At your leisure, gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

At your leisure, gentlemen.
                    :hahahaha9: :hahahaha9: :hahahaha9:

Comment

probably frazier , but everyones writing off the rock to quick his defence was actually fairly effective near the end of his career he had an brutal non stop 2 fisted style of attack he was an absolute animal in the ring he wouldnt quit and frazier could be tagged and hurt how many really big punchers did frazier fight other than foreman ?

Comment

Working...
                      X