Collapse
No announcement yet.

becoming less and less confident in Hatton comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should have taken an easier first fight, I think he thinks he will blow Senchenko out of there he has alot of pent up aggression he wants to get rid of and thinks he can take it out on Senchenko. Like others have said he probably needs to do it early but If he has had good camp / sparring etc he should be fine.

Comment

I really wonder too if he has anything left. He's lived the high life for a while.

That stuff catches up to you.

Comment

Don't worry for him, all he needs are his two uncles (Referees) Micky vann and Dave Parris and 80% of the fight is already in the Bag guys...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          he'll batter him and everyone will jump back on the wagon, then he'll fight someone decent and get obliterated again.
          By someone decent you mean 'fighter of the decade' Manny Pacquiao.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          collazo had him out on his feet at 147 lbs and floyd knocked him spark out.
          Hatton had Collazo off his feet at 147, and Floyd needed home advantage, a super-sized ring, Cortez, and a ringpost to KO Hatton who was a natural 140lb fighter.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Just watched the channel 5 doc on his comeback and the more i think about this fight the more i feel Senchenko should be the favourite.

The triangle theory of Malignaggi, Hatton, Senchenko is probably the least telling triangle of all time. You literally couldnt pick two fighters who were more different than Malignaggi and Hatton, not to mention the 3 year layoff, binge drinking, drugs etc.

Senchenko is a solid boxer with a good jab and right hand, hes also a natural Welterweight. Can see Ricky being stopped actually.

Obviously i could be proved horrifically wrong if Hatton really does bring his A or even B game, but this could be a big mistake by the Hatton team. I feel they should have picked a bum for his first fight, THEN go back to doing what Ricky does best taking on the hardest fights.
            Just repeating everything I mentioned On that other thread

Comment

Originally posted by Samboxrec View Post
              Just repeating everything I mentioned On that other thread
              sorry mate didnt read it! great minds and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                By someone decent you mean 'fighter of the decade' Manny Pacquiao.

Hatton had Collazo off his feet at 147, and Floyd needed home advantage, a super-sized ring, Cortez, and a ringpost to KO Hatton who was a natural 140lb fighter.
                Exactly, its not like Ricky lost to two guys that were decent, he lost to the two best boxers this side of the millennium.

I think Ricky comes out with a passion and wins by a mid round KO. IMO he is going to be unstoppable this fight, just like he was on the night he beat zoo. The crowd chanting his name and the adrenaline of fighting again will put him on another level.

Comment

I have my doubts too 3 and a half years out after being annihilated,drinking and doing drugs and then too come back against a decent opponent i think its too much for him.I understand him saying that he needs too get back too get rid off his demons but what happens if he gets knocked out again is it back too the bad days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Don't worry for him, all he needs are his two uncles (Referees) Micky vann and Dave Parris and 80% of the fight is already in the Bag guys...
                    LOL, this is true.

Comment

They made a documentary about him

They made one about Roy Jones before the second Tarver fight
                      They made one about Hamed before the Barrera fight
                      They made one about Ali before the first Frazier fight
                      They made one about Ali before the Larry Holmes fight

And I feel like there's more

The only time a documentary preceded a win was the Rumble in the Jungle (but that's assuming the documentary was about Ali and not Foreman )

Comment

Working...
                      X