Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz will emerge as the best 140 Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe if he fights more intelligently and doesn't fall in love with his power, he could indeed be one of the top fighters in the division, I also think he will beat Maidana in the rematch and think he may be the biggest challenge to Bradley and Devon in the division (not saying he is the best, but out of Khan, Maidana, Peterson, Campbell, Witter, etc. he is the most dangerous for the fact that he is well rounded; he can box, has decent speed and has POWER while the others aren't as well rounded in my opinion.)

Comment

i had high hopes for him until the Maidana fight, which i knew he was gonna have problems with..... Lets see how he does against Campbell, im pretty sure he'll knock him out..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        LOL I thought I was the only one who found that hilarious.

But the kid isn't bad. He really needs to work on his defense though. Diaz and Alatorre hit him a lot more than I'm comfortable with. But I like that he's focusing more on boxing instead of slugging and going for the kill. He has a bring future ahead of him.
        Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
        Ortiz has a long way back if you ask me. Quitting against Maidana will always be a black mark on his career unless he shows some serious heart. It doesn't even have to be against Maidana, but he needs to show it. People always bark on about when Khan got knocked out by Prescott as a serious black mark, but the reality is that Ortiz quitting is far, far worse. You can question Khan's ability to hang with the best because of his chin, but his heart is unquestioned. Ortiz has a lot to prove to the boxing public.

That all said, I am a big fan of his ability and he could well establish himself. Let's hope he makes a good start against Campbell.
        I totally agree with both!!!!!!

Comment

bradley is the man at 140. then its alexander. until ortiz can mke a mark against either of those guys, then he has a bright future.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothvega View Post
            mark my words....
            VICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you talking about the guy that quit against maidana? that ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothvega View Post
              mark my words....
              VICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              1. victor ortiz
              2. amir khan
              3. timothy bradley
              4. devon alexander

Comment

Originally posted by King Tua View Post
                1. victor ortiz
                2. amir khan
                3. timothy bradley
                4. devon alexander
                That is completely off. Amir Khan is easily ahead of Victor Ortiz. Both only have one decent name at 140, but at least Khan won his fight. Bradley definitely ahead of both because he's been dominating the division for so long. As for Alexander, we'll know his place after May 15th. If Khan can destroy Malignaggi like I believe he will and maybe get one more decent fight in, he's easily #2 in the division.
                Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-10-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Tua View Post
                  1. victor ortiz
                  2. amir khan
                  3. timothy bradley
                  4. devon alexander
                  khan, bradley and devon never quit tho

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                    That is completely off. Amir Khan is easily ahead of Victor Ortiz. Both only have one decent name at 140, but at least Khan won his fight. Bradley definitely ahead of both because he's been dominating the division for so long. As for Alexander, we'll know his place after May 15th. If Khan can destroy Malignaggi like I believe he will and maybe get one more decent fight in, he's easily #2 in the division.
                    my list. buzz off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      khan, bradley and devon never quit tho
                      let's just forget the maidana fight.

ortiz got the size and tools.

Comment

Working...
                      X