No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Reminds Me of Scott Harrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe Reminds Me of Scott Harrison

Joe Calzaghe reminds me so much of Scott Harrison.

They both boil down big time to make their weights, both decent fighters with obvious talent. But both bullys who are totaly **** scared of ever facing someone of the same size.

There need to be a rule which stops this. Maybe a maximum weight gain from Weigh in to fight. Surely when 18lb is gained in a day something is not right.
    Maybe give a 5-7lb weight gain allowance. I know there are pleanty of valid arguments againsed this, i just hate seeing fights where one fighter is so much bigger than the other.

I also think any fighter must have at least 5 fights in a particular weight class before he can fight for a world title.

Manfredo is obviously a Welter / Light Middle at best. Whats the point.

FOR FUK SAKE PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE YOU BIG BULLIES

But Paul Williams being like over 6"2 is okay? It really isnt about height.

Comment

Originally posted by Naz-Fan View Post
      But Paul Williams being like over 6"2 is okay? It really isnt about height.
      Its not about Height. By same size i mean same Natural Weight. Not bulked up fighters who have faught at lower weight classes most of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
        Surely when 18lb is gained in a day something is not right.
        That is physically impossible.

Comment

Just say that you want him to face froch, there's no need for the essay.

Comment

Originally posted by Miksterious View Post
            That is physically impossible.
            Scott Harrisons Last fight he entered the ring at 10st 6lb.

Weigh in weight 126 lb

I make that a 20 lb gain. Therefore not imposible.

This cannot be good for the sport. IMO

Comment

gatti and cotto gain huge ammounts of weight too

Comment

i think it may be time to bring back same day weigh-ins, thus forcing the fighter to fight at a more natural weight. all day before weigh-in's do is give the fighter the opportunity to get to a weight he has no business being at, knowing he has 36 hours to get back to a normal weight.
                and maybe if the lazy bastards did'nt gain 40lb between fights, maybe fighting a little more often, they would'nt have to kill themselves to make weight.

Comment

Working...
                X