Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does gamboa have to do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa will never reach stardom with 50 Cent as his Promoter, 50 Cent is a excellent businessman but the way he came into boxing trying to beef with Oscar De La Hoya then trying to double cross Al Haymon? It is going to be hard for SMS Promotions to reach that ELITE LEVEL as a Promotion, it could end up like Gary Shaw or Lou DiBella Promotion but likely won't reach that Top Rank/GBP Level especially without Mayweather

So Sadly Gamboa and Dirrell careers will Suffer, if 50 is smart he should let Gamboa and Dirrell go and focus on the young up and coming Prospects and finding that Superstar for the FUTURE and focus on LONG TERM!

Comment

It is starting to look like he is not one of the best fighters in history in his weight class. He needs to fight lots better than he has been fighting lately. He needs to quit getting knocked down and having trouble beating ordinary fighters. I used to be high on him but not lately. Maybe his prime came and went.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        It is starting to look like he is not one of the best fighters in history in his weight class. He needs to fight lots better than he has been fighting lately. He needs to quit getting knocked down and having trouble beating ordinary fighters. I used to be high on him but not lately. Maybe his prime came and went.
        You most be new to the game, I haven't see him struggle to beat anyone, he got caught with a punch he never saw and shake it off, most fighters would had been ko by that punch...

Comment

Damn PED Cheat

Comment

Beat the f**K out of the guy he's fighting June 8th.

Comment

It hurts me to say this, but Gamboa's time may have passed. He was on the brink of stardom when the Rios fiasco happened. Now he's been spinning his wheels for over a year and-a-half. Even if Yuri rights the ship, the clock is ticking on his career. I think Gamboa can still enjoy success, but the greatness he once promised might no longer be in the cards. Time is something you can never bring back.

Comment

Get rid of Martinez, fight Mendez, Uchiyama and eventually he'll land a fight against Garcia, maybe Mares. At LW he accomplishes nothing, his physical tools weigh heavily against him at LW. Can't see him beating any of the top LWs, not even Burns.

Comment

In my opinion Yuriorkis is never going to be great, I think it's one of the boxers with more physical and technical conditions. but has a horrible defense is not smart to box and use the most of their conditions. just fight against a good level boxer will lose by poor defense and his low intelligence. And when I say a good fighter, I'm talking about boxers like Marquez, Pacquiao this level no Broner

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
                    In my opinion Yuriorkis is never going to be great, I think it's one of the boxers with more physical and technical conditions. but has a horrible defense is not smart to box and use the most of their conditions. just fight against a good level boxer will lose by poor defense and his low intelligence. And when I say a good fighter, I'm talking about boxers like Marquez, Pacquiao this level no Broner
                    You're talking about ICONS of boxing no shame in loosing to people of that caliber but i disagree with the low intelligence bit the Guy is a ring General what he is very reckless because hes gift allows him to be but it doesnt affect him like it does Khan or other fighters because he's knockdowns don't hurt him as bad as they do to them he gets up and blows the other guy out of the water i havent seen him in bambi legs once.

I do think he may have blown his career with the Rios top rank fiasco but you never know hes got at least a couple more good years on him and if you know anything about boxing 2,3 years is more than enough for a guy to become mythical.

That is if he would start fking fighting actively of course but right now w hes company idk wtf they doing.

Comment

Gamboa should've took the Rios fight

Comment

Working...
                      X