No announcement yet.

Why no Tszyu/Phillips II??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Tszyu/Phillips II??

Does anybody know why there was no rematch?? Who was to blame? I reckon Kostya would want to avenge that loss, at that point his lone one. I guess Phillips didn't wanna fight him again, or?

Every indication was that the Zoo Crew didn't really want it. There were no bigger money fights for Vince so it's highly unlikely he was declining a career high payday against someone he had already KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Every indication was that the Zoo Crew didn't really want it. There were no bigger money fights for Vince so it's highly unlikely he was declining a career high payday against someone he had already KO'd.
      well, what happened was that zoo was aiming for the rematch but vince got knocked out by terron millet a few fights after...then he went to ww...

he lost a couple fights and the luster wore off of him and he came back to 140 when zoo was unifying the belts and looking for big game (zab/sharmba...)

they were eyeballing vince for a rematch then he lost to sharmba and hatton back to back..plus this is when kostya's career was winding down. he blew out sharmba and had injury problems. by then vince was pretty much at gatekeeper status

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        well, what happened was that zoo was aiming for the rematch but vince got knocked out by terron millet a few fights after...then he went to ww...

he lost a couple fights and the luster wore off of him and he came back to 140 when zoo was unifying the belts and looking for big game (zab/sharmba...)

they were eyeballing vince for a rematch then he lost to sharmba and hatton back to back..plus this is when kostya's career was winding down. he blew out sharmba and had injury problems. by then vince was pretty much at gatekeeper status
        Phillips didn't lose to Millet for almost two years and four title defenses later. If Tszyu wanted that rematch it would have happened. Nobody ever heard KT call out for Phillips either.

Comment

At one point at least, Phillips wanted it, Tszyu never appeared to. It really seems cut-&-dry that way, if you were following it at the time & recall the business.

Comment

Tszyu wasn't interested in a rematch. Phillips at 140 was a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Tszyu wasn't interested in a rematch. Phillips at 140 was a monster.
              Is that why he got beat down by MILLETT? A guy Gatti knocked out in 4. Ok, he was dangerous and certainly gave Quartey problems, but he was far from invincible. I think Tszyu would def beat him in the rematch. Show the man some respect!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano
                You are a Tszyu hater obviously, calling him by that name and saying all that stuff. Shame on you!
                Calm down Fanboy. I was always a Kostya Tszyu fan. But I am a boxing fan first, and the fact that he didn't seek a Phillips rematch is something you just have to accept. Don't ask questions that you don't want the answers to. Everyone here knows that I'm correct.

And the "Zoo Crew" was what his team was popularly known as everywhere. It is not an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Calm down Fanboy. I was always a Kostya Tszyu fan. But I am a boxing fan first, and the fact that he didn't seek a Phillips rematch is something you just have to accept. Don't ask questions that you don't want the answers to. Everyone here knows that I'm correct.

And the "Zoo Crew" was what his team was popularly known as everywhere. It is not an insult.
                  Gimme a link that states he didn't seek a rematch otherwise its just bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                    Gimme a link that states he didn't seek a rematch otherwise its just bs.
                    I think the burden is on you to prove otherwise. How am I supposed to prove that someone didn't want something? The facts (already stated in this thread) speak for themselves. Sorry that you are too immature and irrational to accept them.

Comment

Working...
                    X