No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on The Future, SHO, Guerrero, Jabs Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    You're not getting my point. Pacquiao is coming off 2 losses officially. True, but why all these request just appears when it comes to the Pacquiao fight?

Did Victor Ortiz got past Marcos Maidana to get the Mayweather fight?
    Did Miguel Cotto got past Manny Pacquiao to get the Mayweather fight?
    No but they came back from the losses. But the biggest thing was they were also available at the right time and ranked at the top. A lot of fighters are going to have losses in their career.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      This fight has sailed! Get used to it! Pac got KTFO and the dream is over. Arum let it marinate to long.

Plus if Canelo and Floyd both win then a possible Sept matchup will make more than Pac fight right now i think
      Not a chance. The American casual fanbase still arent familiar with Canelo. He would need a big breakthrough fight against a popular opponent first. Beating trout wouldnt do anything for Canelo since Trout is an unknown to the casuals himself. Sure the exposure on a Floyd undercard would help but it wont be enough. Canelo is only huge in Mexico. Pacquaio is huge worldwide and despite his 2 losses would still be the biggest $ fight for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Not a chance. The American casual fanbase still arent familiar with Canelo. He would need a big breakthrough fight against a popular opponent first. Beating trout wouldnt do anything for Canelo since Trout is an unknown to the casuals himself. Sure the exposure on a Floyd undercard would help but it wont be enough. Canelo is only huge in Mexico. Pacquaio is huge worldwide and despite his 2 losses would still be the biggest $ fight for Floyd.
        Canelo is huge! A win vs Trout followed by a fight vs Floyd would do huge huge business! We will just have to see

Anyway Floyd signed a contract for guaranteed money so Pac lost his chance by refusing. Its over. Maybe when Arum passes, if he ever does
        Last edited by Fetta; 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          No but they came back from the losses. But the biggest thing was they were also available at the right time and ranked at the top. A lot of fighters are going to have losses in their career.
          Pacquaio coming off losses to JMM and Bradley > Guerrero and Ortiz coming off wins against Berto.

Comment

The point is, Pacquiao is coming off of 2 losses. Guerrero is coming off of 2 wins. You guys want him to fight Pacquiao right now, just so you can say "Pacquiao was washed up and damaged goods, got knocked out by Marquez prior." Don't tell me you won't. Judging by the posts I see on this board, even you have to admit that you among others are going to say that. And another reason why the Pacquiao fight didn't happen and the Guerrero fight is happening is because unlike Pacquiao, Guerrero accepted the drug testing and the biggest purse of his career and comes off of a win. As a matter of fact, the difference between everyone Mayweather faced starting from the Mosley fight to now and Pacquiao is that they accepted the drug testing and Pacquiao didn't. But these aren't even the biggest obstacle for that fight. There are actually some people on this board that doesn't believe that the GB and TR feud is real. They actually ignore this huge obstacle as if it isn't there. ****s crazy.
            I really understand this point. And i agree this is not the moment for the fight to happen. What i want to point out is how hypocrite some arguments can be.

1. If Mayweather fights Pacquiao and wins, haters will say "He was supposed to do it, he's bigger, Pacquiao's smaller...bla bla"

2. Pacquiao get's KO'd. If the fights happens and Floyd wins, haters will say "He was supposed to. Pacquiao is not the same after getting KO'd"

Which one is it?

So, what's the right time for the fight to happen? This is my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              Canelo is huge! A win vs Trout followed by a fight vs Floyd would do huge huge business! We will just have to see
              Canelo is huge but only amongst Mexicans. He isnt world renowned yet like Pac. The American casual fanbase know him only as the red headed kid from Mexico if they even know him at all. He hasnt had a high profile fight yet. He would need to beat Trout in devestating fashion on Floyd's undercard in order to draw interest from the casuals. Given Trouts style I doubt this will happen. He can make you look bad even when you win.

Comment

long as bob's around or pac's with top rank i don't see this fight happening ppl need to get over it until something changes.

Comment

Floyd has made excuse after excuse this is true but Manny should have taken the 40 mil...For Floyd to say Manny has to get past Bradley is bull**** bc everyone except two dumbass judges know manny won that fight but Manny HAS to get past Marquez to make this fight happen it's that simple...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    Pacquaio coming off losses to JMM and Bradley > Guerrero and Ortiz coming off wins against Berto.
                    So you're not going to say "Pacquiao is coming off of a knockout loss against JMM. Floyd beat a washed up Pacquiao"? You're not going to say that?? Really?? Can you honestly tell me you among others won't say that? Be honest.

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    I really understand this point. And i agree this is not the moment for the fight to happen. What i want to point out is how hypocrite some arguments can be.

1. If Mayweather fights Pacquiao and wins, haters will say "He was supposed to do it, he's bigger, Pacquiao's smaller...bla bla"

2. Pacquiao get's KO'd. If the fights happens and Floyd wins, haters will say "He was supposed to. Pacquiao is not the same after getting KO'd"

Which one is it?

So, what's the right time for the fight to happen? This is my point.
                    You're right. There is no right time for the fight to happen. That passed a long time ago. But there is a better time. Pacquiao having two losses prior to a Mayweather fight definitely can't be the better time. It can't. From a logical standpoint, it just can't. I think we can all agree that this is probably the lowest point in Pacquiao's whole career. And who knows, he can hit even lower from here on and the fight might never get made. Me personally, I don't care if the fight gets made or not. It doesn't bother me if the fight doesn't get made. But if Pacquiao can come back, (and TR and GB resolve their issues) then maybe the fight can be made. And when I say come back, I don't necessarily mean he has to beat TB and JMM despite what Mayweather said. Mayweather says a lot of things, But if he looks good against other fighters and the hype is there and the money is there, then the fight could happen.

Comment

So you're not going to say "Pacquiao is coming off of a knockout loss against JMM. Floyd beat a washed up Pacquiao"? You're not going to say that?? Really?? Can you honestly tell me you among others won't say that? Be honest.

You're right. There is no right time for the fight to happen. That passed a long time ago. But there is a better time. Pacquiao having two losses prior to a Mayweather fight definitely can't be the better time. It can't. From a logical standpoint, it just can't. I think we can all agree that this is probably the lowest point in Pacquiao's whole career. And who knows, he can hit even lower from here on and the fight might never get made. Me personally, I don't care if the fight gets made or not. It doesn't bother me if the fight doesn't get made. But if Pacquiao can come back, (and TR and GB resolve their issues) then maybe the fight can be made. And when I say come back, I don't necessarily mean he has to beat TB and JMM despite what Mayweather said. Mayweather says a lot of things, But if he looks good against other fighters and the hype is there and the money is there, then the fight could happen.
                      I feel Pac should take a comeback fight against a guy like Rios or a 5th fight against JMM. If he's successful then a fight with Floyd at the end of this year would still be huge with props going to the winner. The only fighter who has given Pac problems is JMM. In boxing there is someone who will always have someones # and that person is JMM. Bradley didnt even win a decisive convincing round against Pac and before that Pac walked right thru Cotto, Marg, Shane, Oscar, Clottey, Hatton.
                      Last edited by Deevel916; 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X