No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Vera Find Victories: Post-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson, Vera Find Victories: Post-Report Card

One man won emphatically. The other did enough to win and walked away the loser with his head held high. Last Saturday night was a tale of two different ways to find victory in the sometimes bitter science.

Adonis Stevenson is still the Light Heavyweight Champion and if it feels like now that reign truly begins, that’s fair. No matter the thrill they provide, explosive knockouts can be a mirage. It’s what comes after that tells the world what they’re really looking at.

The world knows much more today than they did a week ago. So does challenger Tavoris Cloud. [Click Here To Read More]

There exist three belt holders at 175: Stevenson, Kovalev and B-Hop... (I don't know who Beibut Shumenov -- the WBA champ-- is... But I guess that he is promoted by the Kazakhstan's oil...)

... As about B-Hop, I don't know what more is to be done... Hopkins should win the Murat fight, receive a statue in Philly, and then retire as a legend...

... Then, we are left with two top dogs at 175 -- namely Kovalev and Adonis...

... While they should fight one another, it's likely they would go different ways. Kovalev would go for Cloud, Dawson (?), Fonfara, Pascal... Stevenson would go for Bellew, Cleverly, Bute... (not in this particular order...)
    Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Well... we want a Kovalev fight... let's see if they supply one

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Well... we want a Kovalev fight... let's see if they supply one
        HBO would stir the division upside-down until they will get the Kovalev-Stevenson fight done... In my opinion, the light heavyweight is the only lucrative division HBO has to date. (Chavez Jr. is there, isn't he? )

Comment

No wanting to be too disparaging to Vera, but. Cliff Rold is giving him waaay to much credit in that grades department!

He's a tough but very limited fighter..

Comment

"Brain" Vera. Haha, doesn't anyone peer review these?

Comment

Working...
            X