Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight prospects you're interested in.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.boxingprospects.info/16/p...prospects.html

Some good prospects mentioned on there, just seen Kyotaro's second bout and whilst he's not amazing he looks like he has something, recently beat Clarence Tillman as well in just his 4th bout.

Comment

I just watched HW prospect Szpilka's demolition of Gonzalo Omar Basile and am impressed with this kid (he's only 23). Szpilka fights out of Poland and went pro in 2008. After a 18 month prison stint (brawling with soccer hooligans) he's amassed a respectable 11-0, 9 kos pro record.

As for his fighting style, best way I can describe him as: he's a cagey southpaw who picks his shots well, employs good movement, has good power and has that 'killer instinct.' He stands at 6'4'' (although he looks shorter) and usually weighs in the low 200's.

Here's some of his fights:

**Update** Szpilka is scheduled to face former top hw Jameel Mccline this Sat.

Comment

I made this thread listing all the interesting HW prospects I could think of. Has pics and all.
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=555621

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          How can people mention Gerber? He's no hoper, get schooled by Maurice Harris.
          Presumably by hoping the Harris fight serves as a wake up call that he needs to be more active. He's still very young, hits hard and has potential, he probbaly needed a kick up the arse as much as anything.

Like wise "How can people mention Chisora v Haye with a straight face? He's a no hoper, got schooled by Tyson Fury". The Fury defeat seemed to be the kick up the arse Chisora needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Well, there'a little difference between loosing to world class heavyweight (Definitely top 20) and loosing to solid journeyman. Plus, Chisora was clearly out of shape. Also, Gerbers power will never be a factor on world level, he's not real puncher, he's short, stands completely straight and is slow on his feets. Man he's awful prospect, I knew that even before Harris fight but he's even worse than I thought he is.
            World Class Heavyweight...Fury? Sure Fury could go a long way but he's inexperienced and relatively unproven. Harris, whilst a journeyman, knows all the tricks and the fight will teach Gerber a lot IMO. Chisora being out of shape was his own fault, and as a result a learning experience "if I come in fat I lose" much like Gerber learning "I need to throw much more".

Comment

Szpilka & Jennings.
              Hard to consider Pulev as a prospect, he is EBU champ' !

Comment

I want to see:

Andy Ruiz Jr. vs Deontay Wilder

David Price vs. Tyson Fury

Denis Boytsov vs. Robert Helenius

Comment

Originally posted by kebark View Post
                  Some good prospects mentioned on there, just seen Kyotaro's second bout and whilst he's not amazing he looks like he has something, recently beat Clarence Tillman as well in just his 4th bout.
                  I think "we" a boxing prospects wee one of, if not the first, western based boxing site to bring Fujimoto to anyone's attention. We've recently seen some footage of his second bout (against a Korean former champion) and he looks very good. Sadly at the time we put that article out we were going by his K1 antics and hearsay, thankfully he's progressing well as a professional as shown by his victory over Tillman.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    I just watched HW prospect Szpilka's demolition of Gonzalo Omar Basile and am impressed with this kid (he's only 23). Szpilka fights out of Poland and went pro in 2008. After a 18 month prison stint (brawling with soccer hooligans) he's amassed a respectable 11-0, 9 kos pro record.

As for his fighting style, best way I can describe him as: he's a cagey southpaw who picks his shots well, employs good movement, has good power and has that 'killer instinct.' He stands at 6'4'' (although he looks shorter) and usually weighs in the low 200's.
                    He's 6'3 around 230 give or take.

Comment

Has anyone seen much of this Joe Hanks guy that's supposedly getting Chisora prepared for David Haye? He's 29 years old and 20-0 against tomato cans.

Comment

Working...
                      X