No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hometown Redemption For Lamont Peterson in Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hometown Redemption For Lamont Peterson in Victory

The bout was billed “Redemption” and 29-year old IBF 140 lb. titlist Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16 KO) of Washington, DC, achieved just that, overcoming a slow start to score knockdowns in the fourth and sixth rounds before ultimately stopping 31-year old former WBO titlist Kendall Holt (28-6, 16 KO) of Paterson, New Jersey, in the eighth round on Friday night at the Armory in Washington, DC.

It was Peterson’s first bout since a dramatic 2011 upset of Amir Khan for the IBF and WBA belts, and the subsequent revelation of PED use that saw him on the shelf for all of 2012. Peterson scores his first successful title defense. Holt suffers his second loss in three fights and fourth career defeat by stoppage.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wonder whether the Khan rematch is more or less likely now??

Comment

Roids Roids Roids

Comment

This guy couldn't beat bum chin, c-class Khan with PED's, hometown advantage, and a corrupt referee. That shows how bad he is.

Comment

Good win for Peterson Gbp got all the 140 pounders to make great fights

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Good win for Peterson Gbp got all the 140 pounders to make great fights
            yes indeed. after that long layoff.lamonte looked good last night. its time for him to stay busy.one more fight and i would love to see peterson vs mathysse.that would be a great one.

Comment

Shouldn't sill be in boxing, unfortunately hes managed to pull a sympathy job on the people that matter as far as i'm concerned he should never box again but that's just my opinion hes a 28 year old fighting with the testosterone levels of a man ten years younger.

Everyone loses natural test levels as they get older so as far as i am concerned its already a level playing field, Peterson however will have an edge and some people may counter me with ''hes got low test levels he needs it'' but its well know steroid abuse causes these low levels of natural testosterone as when you inject testosterone into your body it has a surplus of it so it stops producing its own.

Too many doubts surround this guy and i cant support his continued participation in boxing.

Comment

Redemption? More like Roidemption!

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                  This guy couldn't beat bum chin, c-class Khan with PED's, hometown advantage, and a corrupt referee. That shows how bad he is.
                  I'd say Khan is more than C class, he was perhaps best summed up by one of his old opponents back in the day: "He's a world class fighter.... with world class vulnerabilities." Almost anyone would want his speed... NO ONE would want his chin.

And I've never understood why that fight wasn't changed to a NC.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                    Only thing is, he did beat him, d1ckhead.

Comment

Working...
                    X