Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse decision: Whitaker vs chavez or pac vs bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitaker-Chavez and it isn't close.

Comment

i'll say pac bradley because at least whitaker didn't get a l he really got robbed against oscar.

Comment

whitaker chavez absolutely the biggest shenanigans decision. sports illustrated front cover read "ROBBBED!" ....thats when i completely lost the respect for chavez because he *****ed and said that he "dominated" the fight in a post interview report for LA Opinion

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          For a few people, yes. But to say only black people feel Whitaker was robbed and latinos thought it was close? C'mon bro, that's such an ignorant thing to say.

Was it blacks that were openly disgusted about the robbery writing in Sports Illustrated? Were blacks in charge of The Ring ratings that promoted Whitaker to #1 pound for pound?

I could be wrong but it just sounds like your using the race card to explain why this fight is widely regarded as a robbery when this clearly is not the case.
          Thats just the way I saw the fight.. I also thought Pacquiao easily won against Bradely and I was rooting fro Bradely.. On saturday nights fight I thought Pacquiao was winning and looked like he was getting to Marquez until that punched put Manny to sleep. I mean I support Mexican fighters but I know boxing and know when fighters I support are losing or lost a fight.. IMO Whitaker VS Chavez was a close fight and have no problem with the decision.. Im not a casual fan of the sport, I have trained and boxed when I was youner.. I understand the sport and have always followed the sport..There are many casual fans on here who dont understand the sport and get persuaded by the commentators or are just biased because they want their favorite fighter to win even if their fighter is being outclassed and beaten..

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
            Me personally i had whitaker winning about the first 9 or 10 rounds before i stopped watching because it was pointless, truly embarrassed chavez.
            Pac vs bradley i had pac winning 7-5 because neither did much of anything ,but people think this fight is a huge robbery.
            I strongly disagree. In the Whitaker -Chavez fight were almost all rounds very close. I had Whitaker winning but very close.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              whitaker chavez absolutely the biggest shenanigans decision. sports illustrated front cover read "ROBBBED!" ....thats when i completely lost the respect for chavez because he *****ed and said that he "dominated" the fight in a post interview report for LA Opinion
              He did the same thing after the Frankie Randall fight too. LOL

And don't even get me started on that nonsense that happened in the rematch with Randall. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                I strongly disagree. In the Whitaker -Chavez fight were almost all rounds very close. I had Whitaker winning but very close.
                First half of the fight was close but Whitaker clearly pulled away during the second half the fight. I thought 8-4 was a good score for that fight.

I actually scored both of these fights 8-4, for Whitaker and Pacquiao but I think Whitaker was a bigger robbery because of the magnitude of it. Although the boxing media generally considers it a win its still a blemish on his record and should be the career defining win in his HOF career.

Comment

Sweet Pea won more rounds than Bradley did in his fight.

Pernell got a draw and Pac got a loss.

Pac was a straight robbery

Comment

Originally posted by pbp View Post
                    this is a good point too. Whitaker kept his belt, ended chavez winning streak and was promoted to p4p#1 in the world.

On the other hand, pacquiao lost his belt while bradley kept his undefeated record and position on the pound for pound list.

So pacquiao lost a lot more than whitaker did as a result of the robbery. And chavez lost a lot more than bradley did as a result of the robbery.
                    end of thread

Comment

whitaker chavez easily

Comment

Working...
                      X