No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido-Garcia, Juanma-Vazquez in Play For 2/2 in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salido-Garcia, Juanma-Vazquez in Play For 2/2 in PR

According to WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido (39-11-2, 27KOs), he will defend his championship against unbeaten Mikey Garcia (29-0, 25KOs) on February 2 in Puerto Rico - if Garcia defeats former champion Jonathan Barros on November 10th in Las Vegas. If all goes as planned, Salido-Garcia would take place the day before the Super Bowl as an HBO televised doubleheader.

[Click Here To Read More]

Salido knocks both Ricans out, n he might knock out Mikey

But why is that fight in P.R., I guess a nice vacation I might plan out

Comment

Salido has made a good name for himself in PR after his 2 fights with Juanma, so why not fight over there again? This sounds like a good card.

So, is Vasquez gonna give up his 122lb belt?
      Last edited by kiaba360; 10-27-2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post

Money... Promoters know the place for this card is PR.. It is more cheap to make this card in PR than: las Vegas or NY or any other state.. The card will be a sell out..and their ROI will be higher here by FAR! I'm sure that none of the fighters will have any objection to this since they know they will get paid more if the card is here...

Also , I wouldn't be surprised if Juanma - vazquez is the main event.. It should be...

My picks,

Garcia over salido
        Lopez-vazquez is a 50/50 but I'm inclining to vazquez because I believe Juanma is hurt/cracked ... It will be the Biggest card of the year here in PR IMO

Comment

Looking forward to this one. Salido-Garcia is gonna be very, very interesting, not to mention exciting. Lopez-Vazquez is will be interesting as well, since we haven't seen JuanMa in so long. Then there's the grudge factor between the two....

Comment

Not a bad card

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post

I agree witcha. And why the hell would he wanna fight Vazquez in PR? Did he not see the scorecards for his last fight vs Juanma?

Comment

I dont want two boricuas to fight each other have them fight Mexicans on the same card

Comment

salido has a lot of losses but a lot of those i think came before he was 20,in other words a kid fighting men,one thing for sure he has faced good fighters even though he lost a lot of them,those give you a lot of experience

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                    salido has a lot of losses but a lot of those i think came before he was 20,in other words a kid fighting men,one thing for sure he has faced good fighters even though he lost a lot of them,those give you a lot of experience
                    I've pointed this out several times over the last couple of years. Salido started his pro career at age 15. I don't think he even had a single amateur fight. His losses are almost like a "reverse padding". Many people see all those losses and get the wrong impression.

Comment

Working...
                    X