No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin is Still in Hot Pursuit of Felix Sturm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Golovkin is Still in Hot Pursuit of Felix Sturm

According to Bild, a well-known German tabloid, former WBA middleweight super champion Felix Sturm (37-3-2, 16 KOs) is being offered a fight with the unified IBO and WBA "regular" champion Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21 KOs).

“We are ready to fight him”, said Tom Loeffler, the managing director of K2 Promotions, who handle Golovkin. “We can fight Felix Sturm at any time, at any place and on any possible channel." [Click Here To Read More]

Felix the Duck is not going to fight him, I think he'd rather retire first...

Comment

Why? You can make a case that he's lost his last 3 fights, the only thing he ever had going for him was his belt (which he no longer has), and he hasn't had an impressive win for a long time. He fights for only a minute per round and is mostly safety-first, so even from an entertainment perspective there are several better choices.

I hope he never gets another shot. He certainly wasn't willing to give one to those who deserved it.

Comment

Nobody wants to fight this fool

Comment

huh?

this is a pointless fight if ever there was a pointless fight.

golovkin should take on macklin or geale.

Comment

Felix did everything he could to avoid fighting him when he was ordered to by the WBA. What in the hell makes team GGG think he's going to fight him when he has no reason other than regaining fake title?

Felix will push for a rematch with Geale or he'll sit in Germany and wait for another fake title to pop up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
              huh?

Like either would fight him though

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                huh?

There's a purse bid for GG Geale soon, chances are Geale drops the WBA belt. Macklin was offered the HBO slot before Proksa.

Obviously he's after Sturm as he's the biggest moneyman at 160, along with Chavez. Plus there's some history between the 2

Comment

You know what?? If Triple G can make 154, he should turn his attention there. That weight class is so deep right now. I would love for him to take his terrifying self there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    You know what?? If Triple G can make 154, he should turn his attention there. That weight class is so deep right now. I would love for him to take his terrifying self there.
                    He said he can.
                    If nobody fights him, I say do it

Comment

Working...
                    X