No announcement yet.

Can this version of MARES defeat rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
    I agree, Mares is the classic Mexican boxer. You're going to have to kill him to beat him in Cali. And For as insanely talented as Rigo is I don't know if he has that kind of power. I think Nonito however might be able to stop that bullrush because that kid packs a F'n punch.
    It's not the power/speed/timing of Rigo that I question, it's his endurance/stamina/punch resistance. I would be very impressed if Rigo could somehow find a way to slow down the tempo of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      Rigo vs Mares, is not Moreno vs Mares. Rigo is a different pedigree.

Rigondeaux beats both Mares and Donaire, same night. True story...
      LOL that is a good joke dude. donaire sparks him out cold and mares stops him tko after 3 knockdowns

Comment

Rigo vs Mares, is not Moreno vs Mares. Rigo is a different pedigree.

Rigondeaux beats both Mares and Donaire, same night. True story...
        based on what superior competition he dominated?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          LOL that is a good joke dude. donaire sparks him out cold and mares stops him tko after 3 knockdowns

Why whats he going to do lowblow him too death whilst the referee turns a blind eye to it?

When was the last time he stopped anyone? I'll tell you when it was, it was approximately 3 & ½ years ago against a 17-15 journeyman.
          He couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Why whats he going to do lowblow him too death whilst the referee turns a blind eye to it?

When was the last time he stopped anyone? I'll tell you when it was, it was approximately 3 & ½ years ago against a 17-15 journeyman.
            He couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding.
            if moreno didn't run away most of the fight he would have got stopped. rigo has a weak chin and mares will hit him with overhand rights and just like he did to Moreno get inside and beat on his body so Rigo has no chance to get off his punches

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
              based on what superior competition he dominated?
              There we go. I feel like I'ma have to talk to you when Rigo beats up 20 Mexican bums and pads his record for your liking.

Comment

There we go. I feel like I'ma have to talk to you when Rigo beats up 20 Mexican bums and pads his record for your liking.
                LOL.

Rigos professional credential is borderline mediocre. he should take chances and fight before labeling himself "avoided".

Comment

if moreno didn't run away most of the fight he would have got stopped. rigo has a weak chin and mares will hit him with overhand rights and just like he did to Moreno get inside and beat on his body so Rigo has no chance to get off his punches
                  Anyone would get stopped if they allow their opponent to beat on them like a drum.

Comment

I don't think his chins bad, sure hes been clipped & wobbled a couple of times against big guys who can crack. Mares is no big guy and he can't crack particularly hard either.
                    His bodypunching will be rendered absolutely useless against Rigondeaux!!!

He wouldn't last the distance. If anybody is getting fcuked up by bodyshots its Mares who was hurt on more than one occasion by the feather-fisted Moreno. He overwhelmed him and got the job done but Rigo is a totally different animal.

People go on about how slick Moreno is, his footwork, have you seen Rigondeaux fight? I genuinely think Poonsawat is a better fighter and much harder fight than Mares tbh, no trolling, I legitimately do.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                      LOL.

Rigos professional credential is borderline mediocre. he should take chances and fight before labeling himself "avoided".
                      Who labeled Rigondeaux "avoided" you or Boxingscene?

Comment

Working...
                      X