No announcement yet.

Can someone translate Marquez' analysis of Pac vs. Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone translate Marquez' analysis of Pac vs. Margarito

I understood it but not all, hopefully someone can translate this. Thanks. Kinda interesting to get a take on somebody who arguably beat Manny in 2 life and death fights.

In a nutshell:

Pacquiao has speed and movement.

Margo has height, reach and chin.

Pac will move and hit Margo every time Margo plants up to unload.

Margo has to keep Pac away.

Trying to move into/corner Pacquiao would be a mistake for Margo, because Pacquiao is too fast, Marg is mechanical, and he isn't used to fighting someone that quick or with that much ability.

He hopes Margo has the chin to withstand Pac's power.

Comment

He basically said that Margo has to stop Pac from getting inside.

Comment

Originally posted by mariobrotherpr View Post
        He basically said that Margo has to stop Pac from getting inside.
        Thanks. Marquez should know Manny more than anyone.

Comment

What I got from it is that Pacquiao has to keep moving as soon as he unloads a combination on Margarito. Nonstop movement from Pacquiao and speed will be his biggest asset. Meanwhile Margarito has to stand strong and when he sees Pacquiao coming in, he has to use his height and reach advantage by just throwing punches making a wall type of effect that Pacquiao can't get past unless he wants to take punches to try to. He described Margarito as being very mechanical and used the word window a lot, a window of opportunity for both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            What I got from it is that Pacquiao has to keep moving as soon as he unloads a combination on Margarito. Nonstop movement from Pacquiao and speed will be his biggest asset. Meanwhile Margarito has to stand strong and when he sees Pacquiao coming in, he has to use his height and reach advantage by just throwing punches making a wall type of effect that Pacquiao can't get past unless he wants to take punches to try to. He described Margarito as being very mechanical and used the word window a lot, a window of opportunity for both fighters.
            That is really a smart tactic to use against Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
              That is really a smart tactic to use against Pac.
              you gotta punch with pac to hit him

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                you gotta punch with pac to hit him
                Yeah but he has quicker hands then most and good power. I think marquez has it solved. Creating an imaginary line/wall that he wont let pac cross by punching. I am a big Marquez fan, he is one of the most talented, gamest fighters I have seen in recent history.

Comment

So basically, he is saying Margs is gonna get his arse whooped?

Comment

Marquez: Don't copy me, specially my secret weapon... Drinking pee will not do you no good!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X