Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves, Adam Booth Have Decided To Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Groves is still almost certain to use that sort of strategy against Froch. Problem for him is that he's still not all that convincing or fluid in that sort of role, for my liking. Everybody praises Booth and Groves for the tactical battle they fought against Degale, but I know I'm not the only one who thought he was a tad lucky to get the decision there.

He might have improved and he has the physical talents to at least compete with Froch, but it's difficult to envision him not getting stopped in this fight.

Comment

Very surprising if true but you never know with Adam Booth, he has a dark sense of humour.

Comment

Couldn't agree more with the comments already posted. The only chance I gave GG of being competitive in this fight was by sticking to a very strict, booth-derived gameplan involving getting on his bike for 12 rounds, and trying to land one or two eye-catching punches to sway the judges. They probably would have looked at Andre Dirrell's performance and tried to mimic that, as that's right up booth's street tactics-wise anyway, and its not hard to make Carl look bad by fighting that way- you can make him look slow and clumsy by employing a **** load of movement and darting in and out with quick combinations.

There's no way it's lasting if he tries to stay in the pocket, not when Froch will walk through his best shots like he's the terminator.

Booth was his best chance, I reckon he'll be out in less than 5 now. He won't last as long as Bute unless he really does run away.

Comment

He was getting Bute'd with or without Adam Booth, he's simply not good enough to be fighting Carl Froch.

Comment

Well, i'm not sure what to make of this.....

Comment

I was wondering why Booth wasn't at the press conference.

Baffling.

Comment

In shock.

The fight is 2 months away. What the hell is he going to do.

Like others, I really thought an Adam booth derived plan would make him very competitive.

Comment

Good, no one wants to see his horrible running tactics.

Comment

What the fuvk? You change trainer just before the biggest fight of your life?

Comment

This is ridiculous.

Why on earth would you lose your trainer months before the biggest fight by far of your career... I was going to buy one of the £300 tickets, but not now.

Comment

Working...
                      X