Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What People Would Say to Criticize Past Fighters if the Internet Were Around Then

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    I think he meant Tunney the poster.

Joe Louis would have been labelled overrated and dissed for his level of competition, the Bum of the Month club would have been criticized heavily.
    He would also have a glass jaw.

Comment

Qawi isn't a "natural" CW and Holyfield has more to prove.

Comment

ha, yep, even ATGs would have had critics.

but at the same time, I can imagine how overhyped certain fighters would get by certain people if they were still fighting. Tyson certainly comes to mind.

and about 3/4 of the topics on this forum would have been Marciano fans vs Marciano critics if he fought today, haha.

its funny when you look at it like that.

Comment

what about the bowe-golotta fights people would make tons of nicknames for gollota

Comment

"why wont you fight coloured fighters Mr Jack Dempsey"

Comment

Ray Robinson for not fighting Charlie Burley, or retiring then comming back to make more money.

Comment

Ali: Give foreman a rematch goddammit! This is a blatant duck!

Patterson: About time he fought Liston. I told you this guy was overrated.

Marciano: Rocky>>>Clay. I told you all. A computer is never wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Even legends woul have been criticised, its saddens me to say. For example, consider the Fab 4:

Leonard- Would have been "schooled" by Benitez if he'd had more time to train, Got "exposed" against Duran (I), should have lost to Hearns if it weren't for that lucky punch, stole a decision from Hagler

Duran- Got "exposed" against classic boxers Leonard (II)/Benitez, "glass jaw" after Hearns

Hearns- Couldn't take a punch

Hagler- Lost to a WW and went 15 rounds with a "blown up" LW therefore overrated.

The saddest part is, I've heard all of the above on this forum.

Comment

This thread is classic. Props.

There would have been quite a few pictures of jockstraps attached to posts/ in sigs after what Larry Holmes said about Marciano.

People would have said that Ali quit against Holmes.

Wait a second, didn't some posters actually say that recently?

(And knowing how some people are addicted to attention whoring and are complete *******s, they would have gotten on here and said, "Holmes pwned Ali" with a ****ing smiley face. Classless.)

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Battling Nelson: fouling, cheating scumbag.

Comment

Working...
                      X