Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wba president orders rematch and promises justice!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wba president orders rematch and promises justice!!!

edit, i will be add updates from the bbc as i see them

1813 BOXING: Amir Khan has claimed the unidientified man talked to WBA supervisor Michael Welsh at ringside and interfered with the judges' scorecards. WBA president Mendoza went on to tell BBC Sport that Welsh was "concerned about the gentleman being around him" and "couldn't get coordination to do job properly during the fight".

Breaking news
    1811 BOXING: More from WBA president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza who has told BBC Sport they "are not satisfied" with what happened at the Amir Khan v Lamont Petersen fight and he claimed to be an IBF official.

Breaking news
    1817 BOXING: More from Mendoza: "The [Washington DC] Commission did not behave properly in this fight in seeking the fairness that needed to be [there]."

1820 BOXING: Mendoza added: "There was not the proper security in the arena, especially in the ring side zone where the Commission sits

1821 BOXING: According to WBA president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza: "There should be a direct re-match of this fight [Khan v Peterson]"

1832 BOXING: A bit more from WBA president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza: "You have to guarantee fairness, you have to guarantee that no one who isn't directly involved can sit at the table."

1905 BOXING: With relation to the controversy surrounding the Amir Khan v Lamont Petersen fight, the IBF's public relations director Jeanette Salazar has said: "At this point in time we have been advised by our lawyers not to speak out in order to keep the integrity of the [IBF] hearing which is scheduled on 18 January."

1907 BOXING: WBA president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza: Washington Commission need "to offer public, Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson" explanation about who he is."

1909 BOXING: More from Mendoza: "I've spoken directly to Amir Khan... Told him we are seeking fairness in the result of the fight."

1910 BOXING: Last bit from Mendoza: "There are a lot of facts during the fight that makes a lot of controversy & there a lot of grounds to make a direct rematch."
    This is perhaps a huge victory for boxing, yes the haters will hate but everyone can see nothing legit went on here, it seems some sort of corruption is at large

wba strip peterson of the belt, and make this a no contest

also

The World Boxing Association say they do not know the identity of the 'mystery man' at the centre of the latest Amir Khan controversy.

An unidentified person has been accused by Khan, who lost his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles to Lamont Peterson last month, of interfering with the judges during the fight.

Video footage shows a man talking to WBA fight supervisor Michael Welsh and he appears to point out something on a scorecard.

Khan highlighted the incidents on his Twitter account but on Friday Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, the vice-president of the WBA, said the man was "unknown" to the organisation.

Mendoza confirmed that the WBA were investigating Khan's comments, and insisted the man shown in the images is not known by the governing body.

"I am going over the facts but this man is also unknown to us," he said.

The 2004 Olympic silver medallist is concerned about the appearance of the man, also unknown to him, at ringside during the bout and claimed the man should not have been talking to Welsh.

Khan's business manager Asif Vali said they have asked for explanations from the various governing bodies relating to a number of their concerns but have yet to receive answers.

"There are four or five different things that require answers and my job is to ensure we get those answers," he said.

"I want to know the reason this person sat there and what's going on. We did the table plan with Golden Boy Promotions and the WBA official was already in his seat and the IBF official was already in his seat, so who is this person? What's he doing talking to the WBA? Why is he handling the slips?

NEW

gb reveal he was an ibf official who WAS NOT SANCTIONED FOR THIS fight, so why is he interfering with the judges scorecard when nobody is allowed and then celebrating with peterson?

they also said more shocks will come out soon which they have kept from the public per advice from their lawyers
    Last edited by lfc19titles; 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM.

good, they should demand an immediate rematch that way pacquiao cannot fight peterson, priced himself out for marquez which means bradley is the only option!

Comment

this won't happen.

Comment

Peterson want Glenn Jacobs first

Cant blame him

Comment

There is no mention of stripping or a no contest? Is that just your opinion? Amir lost fair and square. A rematch will be held in a GBP "home" location, where Peterson's only chance of victory will be by knockout. Funny thing is, that outcome is not beyond him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyndale View Post
            There is no mention of stripping or a no contest? Is that just your opinion? Amir lost fair and square. A rematch will be held in a GBP "home" location, where Peterson's only chance of victory will be by knockout. Funny thing is, that outcome is not beyond him.
            the quote is what the wba have said, the other blank text is what i want

Comment

lovely stuff. good on Khan. Yeah he annoys me with his constant comments. But still. What happened wasn't fair. Hate sholdn't get in the way of justice.

Comment

You actually think they do it because of "justice"?

Comment

Good news!

Nice to see the WBA is doing the right thing.

Comment

hearing wba will give peterson a rematch order or strip him

Comment

Working...
                    X