Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The [Margarito] insert was about the size of a business card. And about as stiff."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
    lolz at margarito looking crap, since mosley, he did just fight 2 times, first he was rusty after the suspension, second he fought Manny freaking Pacquiao, cotto made a mistake during the first fight, he should correct that on the second fight, if not tony could do a repeat ....
    Well, I think it was more that he got brutally destroyed and knocked out for the first time ever and looked absolutely awful against a 40 year old who had nearly lost his previous against a all but shot Mayorga, then moved up and still looked awful after a long layoff against a journeyman then had the Pac fight and once again looked awful.

Comment

I want to see sources if I'm to believe anything posted.

From what I know and what I ASSUME, I think Margarito did have hardened wraps. I believe that is what got Margarito to where he was.

Looking at his fighting history, there are some people on there he has knocked out that I don't think he would have without the plaster. I also think that if he didn't have plaster in his wraps and did all those things, Pac would have had a much harder time and I doubt Roach would have taken the fight in the first place. Then, to top it off, old Mosley comes and beats the piss out of him?

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
        Wrong they did find elements of calcium and sulfur, they also decided to believe Margarito to not have known about the inserts. Probably why they didnt go after him. Course you seen Roach, pac and many others opinions reagrding whether he likely knew about the wraps... so its a judgment call Personally I think they should have sat him down for the rest of his career all things considered. Look at his fight with Pac he tried to jack himself on ephedra pre-fight something which is illegal and something he claimed to do before every fight he has had. Real professional right?
        Here is where it just gets funky with so many of you, in order for plaster paris to harden up you have to allow it to cure, meaning it has to dry, and answer this how the **** do you mix oxygen? it was not plaster paris, they found common elements that are found in lotions and also found in baking soda.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          DA= District Attorney?
          Were they even involved?
          My understanding is that the Commission was the only one involved in the investigation. Please post a link that stated that the DA was involved.
          do your own homework if you want to challenge my statement I have already posted it here a few weeks back, its true the DA was looking to go after both Tony and his trainer and decided not to once the results came back...

you also need to research how to make plaster paris, its not as easy as mixing it up and putting it in the wrap that **** has to dry and it takes hours....

Originally posted by bobo_bobo View Post
          Nazim Richardson On The Day He Busted Margarito, according to him when they opened the wrap that was already done a block fell down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RvQcHouzQE

Funny how that Block never made it to the lab

Comment

So... Margarito got suspended for having his landscaper business card in his glove?? Man that is wrong...

Comment

So it was just a old peice of gauze the size of a business card?

You can't even begin to compare that to what resto and lewis did.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMigra View Post
                So... Margarito got suspended for having his landscaper business card in his glove?? Man that is wrong...
                He was suspended for not using fresh gauze here is a picture of the Block that fell out.... looks like gauze to me
                http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...o-margari.html

Comment

So Cotto got beat fair and square by Margarito. And Mosley beat the Margarito coming off that Cotto win. All dark clouds over the Mosley vs Margarito vs Cotto fights is now cleared. Well almost all, I still don't get how Mosley vs Cotto was not a Draw. But Margarito is a clean fighter if this is true. Let's move on.

Comment

i always believed this was a farce perpetrated by golden boy against top rank. yes he had something in his wraps but it wasn't plaster and deserved no more than a slap on the wrist since you can't really hurt someone with cardboard.

Comment

Tony destroyed Cotto righteously, no skulduggery involved

Comment

Working...
                      X